The Ultimate Spring Break 2012 Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Spring Break 2012 has arrived! Whether you’re partying on a beach in South Padre, relaxing at mom and dad’s house or road tripping to a music festival with friends, the week-long break from classes, midterms and reality is much needed. Grab your iPod: Her Campus Texas has your ultimate playlist for an epic Spring Break.

Road Trippin’

Going on a road trip with friends can be the best way to bond with those that you’ve missed, go on an adventure to an unfamiliar place, and create long-lasting memories. Whether you have a destination in mind or not, every car needs a road trip playlist. Consider this your launch pad for a longer soundtrack. Upbeat tunes that will be sure to keep you awake on the road and excited for the trip and endless possibilities that lie ahead are a must; livin’ young, wild and free!

Santa Fe- Beirut

Shuffle- Bombay Bicycle Club

Pull My Heart Away- Jack Penate

Tongue Tied- Grouplove

My Fear #1- Cloud Control

Punching In A Dream- The Naked and Famous

You Only Live Once- The Strokes

Time to Pretend- MGMT

Too Young- Phoenix

Cough Syrup- Young the Giant

We Are Young- fun. ft. Janelle Monae

[pagebreak]

Beach

You may be laying seaside at some gorgeous foreign location, or laying poolside with your dog at home. With these tunes you’ll hear the waves from just about anywhere. These songs provide some upbeat indie-pop as well as chill, relaxing melodies that will let your imagination drift off. Just be sure to slather on some sunscreen before going into la-la land.

Dreamy Eyes- Azure Ray

Everlasting Light- The Black Keys

In A City Without Seasons- The One AM Radio

My Body- Young the Giant

Where I’m Going- Cut Copy

At My Heels- Twin Shadow

Amor Fati- Washed Out

When The Sun Don’t Shine- Best Coast

Summersun- Miami Horror

Going Out

For all you party girls out there, here is a playlist that is sure to pump you up for an epic night out. After a long day at the beach you may be ready to pass out, but there are parties to attend, people to meet and a dance floor that awaits you. Listen to this while you’re packing for your Spring Break getaway or getting ready to hit the clubs with your girlfriends, and you’ll leave looking and feeling your best.

Feel So Close- Calvin Harris

Top of the Pops 2011 (What The F**k)- Mashup Germany

Paddling Out- Miike Snow

Call It What You Want- Foster The People

I Can Only Imagine- David Guetta, Chris Brown, Lil’ Wayne

Charlie Brown- Coldplay

Lights (RAC Remix)- Ellie Goulding

Worse It Gets (RAC Remix)- Penguin Prison

Heads Will Roll- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Fade Into Darkness- Avicii

Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.