This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

These past eight months in quarantine have, at least for me, been a blur. Spring break? Did that happen? Easter? Cinco de Mayo? Summer? July 4th? Where did all this time go? Well, the holidays are fast approaching, and I refuse to let them pass me by mindlessly; I’m on a mission to cultivate the vibes. Here are several of my top picks to help y’all get into the holiday spirit! So grab some hot chocolate, turn on those fairy lights, and press play!

Dash & Lily (Season 1)

This first pick is actually a whole series that Netflix recently dropped! The eight-episode season follows Dash, a cynical guy who hates Christmas, as he connects with a mysterious girl named Lily through the means of a notebook he found in a New York bookstore. It sounds cheesy, but I swear it’s a quality show, well worth the watch. The relationship between Dash & Lily is so pure, and not enough people are talking about it for my liking. Also, Nick Jonas is an executive producer, and he and the rest of the Jonas Brothers make a special appearance in the last episode! Dash & Lily can be streamed on Netflix.

Victorious, “A Christmas Tori” (Season 3, Episode 1)

I know for a fact I’m not the only Victorious stan out there. When it was added to Netflix earlier this year, everyone on Twitter went wild and shared their thoughts while reliving the Nickelodeon show. It gave us countless incredible songs and one-liners, but I think this particular Christmas episode is very underrated! There are so many hysterical scenes; this episode’s true magic comes from the song “It’s Not Christmas Without You” performed by Ariana Grande, Victoria Justice, and Liz Gillies. If it’s not already on your Christmas playlist, add it immediately! Victorious can be streamed on Netflix, CBS, and for free on Pluto TV. 

Supernatural, “A Very Supernatural Christmas” (Season 3, Episode 8)

Unfortunately, Supernatural, my favorite show of all time, recently ended. I’ve been rewatching some of the most memorable episodes, and this is definitely one of them. It follows monster hunter brothers, Sam and Dean, as they investigate a series of murders where the victims are pulled up through their chimneys. There’s a lot of exciting winter/Christmas folklore presented throughout the show! It’s a fantastic standalone episode, so even if you haven’t watched the previous seasons, you’ll be able to enjoy it! Supernatural can be streamed on Netflix, Youtube TV, and for free on the CW app.

New Girl, “Thanksgiving III” (Season 3, Episode 10)

Ah, New Girl, the greatest sitcom probably ever. This series has so many Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes, but this is a standout! The friend group decides to spend Thanksgiving in the wilderness, and sooo many things go wrong. As with every episode, I couldn’t stop laughing from start to finish! New Girl can be streamed on Netflix and Youtube TV. 

Grimm, “Twelve Days of Krampus” (Season 3, Episode 8)

Once again, bringing up this very underrated show, and its amazing Christmas special! This episode follows the main character, a detective named Nick, as he learns about Krampus’s legend, Santa’s polar (no pun intended) opposite who punishes bad kids. Although there are several scenes concerning an unrelated subplot of the season, I still think anyone could appreciate and enjoy this episode without previously watching the rest of the series. Grimm can be found on Amazon Prime and for free on Google Play Movies & TV.

Hello! I'm currently studying Advertising at the University of Texas at Austin. In my free time, I'm constantly baking, listening to true crime podcasts, and spending time with my family. Connect with me on IG: www.instagram.com/unorachel
Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!