Top Five Christmas Movies to Get You in the Holiday Spirit

Now that Thanksgiving is over we can happily enjoy Christmas movies without any grinches grumbling about it being too early! I have my own little tradition of ending Thanksgiving night by watching one of my favorite Christmas movies, “Christmas with the Kranks”. I thought I’d share some of my favorite Christmas movies with you to get you in the spirit, and help you make it through these last few weeks of the semester!

• “Christmas with the Kranks

As I mentioned, this is one of my favorite Christmas movies ever. I’m not even sure why I enjoy it so much, but I do. This film includes Tim Allen who plays Luther Krank. Luther decides he and his wife are going to skip Christmas, and save their money and spend it on a cruise instead, however, their daughter announces she’s returning home for Christmas at the last minute.

• “Elf”

I’m sure many of you know about this film. This is an absolute favorite of mine, because I love Will Ferrell in this movie. Buddy the elf finds out he’s actually a human and decides to go to New York City to visit his biological dad who just so happens to be on Santa’s naughty list. His father reluctantly begins a relationship with Buddy resulting in some chaotic scenarios.

• “Home Alone”

Poor Kevin. His family forgets about him when they leave for Paris for the holiday. This film is a classic holiday watch.

• “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”

Honestly the amount of people who tell me they’ve never seen this movie astounds me. I grew up with this on VHS, it was a classic in our family, and I always looked forward to watching it at Christmas time even if I ended up developing an irrational fear of getting stuck underneath a semi truck.

• “The Santa Clause”

Another childhood staple. This movie is a great one, and is another film I always watch multiple times every holiday season. Personally, I prefer the first over the sequels, but they’re all worth a watch.

Now go bundle up in some cozy blankets and fuzzy Christmas socks with a warm mug of cocoa and binge watch some holiday movies! Happy holidays!