Style > Beauty

Top 3: Cruelty-free Kbeauty brands you need to try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

If you’re tired of looking for cruelty-free beauty products look no further. Below I have compiled some of my favorite cruelty-free Korean personal care brands to get you looking and feeling your best self.

CosrX:

If you’re looking for an accessible and affordable skincare brand, this is the one for you. While some Korean beauty products can be difficult to obtain, COSRX products are easy to find. You can find them on Amazon, ULTA, and TJ Maxx. This is one of my most trusted brands, and they have never let me down in the skincare department. If you’re looking for some specific product recommendations I’d definitely look at their Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser, Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream, and the AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner.

Tonymoly:

Another incredibly affordable and accessible brand, TonyMoly provides skincare and makeup products with the most adorable packaging. If you’ve been to a ULTA lately you’ve probably seen TonyMoly products. They’re well known for their sheet masks and adorable scented hand creams. If you dig a little deeper into the brand, you can find some high-quality skincare and makeup for a cute “thrown together” daily look. TonyMoly definitely has some great finds that will give you that perfect liquid skin look. For recommendations, I would specifically highlight their I’m Real Sheet Masks (They have these in a large set, so go pick that up), Petite Bunny Gloss Bar, The Chok Chok Green Tea line (This line includes a cream, toner, and essence), and The Shocking Spin-Off Palette (This six-pan eyeshadow comes in a variation of six colors with lovely natural tones).

Glow Recipe:

You’ve probably seen this Kbeauty-inspired brand all over social media and at Sephora. This brand is definitely more pricey, but you get what you pay for when you find the right products. The primary gimmick of this brand is its “fruit-forward” promotion that supports the benefits of fruit for the skin. If you’re ready to have absolutely glowing skin go check them out. I haven’t tried as many products from Glow Recipe as other brands, but I’d definitely recommend their Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask and Avocado Ceramide Recovery Serum.

Sophmore at the University of Texas, Austin. I love horror novels, hair metal, and collecting fashion dolls...