Top 10 Favorite UT Football Traditions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

‘Tis the season to wear burnt orange, tailgate, and scream “Texas Fight!” at the top of your lungs. While it’s sad that football season is ending, there are a few more games left for us to frolick and revel. This Saturday we’ll be playing OK State. They are already playing on our turf, so we thought we would up the ante a little. We reached out to OK State’s Her Campus chapter and decided to have a social media competition, too. It’s our favorite football traditions versus theirs, and we all know there is nothing like our Longhorn spirit. Share on facebook and twitter so we can show them what we’re made of. Make sure to tag all social media posts with #HCyouinATX! Hook ’em!

10. Big Bertha

The world’s largest drum, our “sweetheart of the Longhorn Band”.

9. Celeb sightings 

Can you say Natalie Portman and Matthew McConsdjfsldfj?

8. The Longhorn Band

They aren’t called “The Showband of the Southwest” for nothin’.

7. Bevo 

Principal Vernon in The Breakfast Club may have had a point: “Don’t mess with the bull, young man, you’ll get the horn.”

6. The Eyes of Texas

They know when you are sleeping, they know when you’re awake, they know if you’ve been bad or good…wait…wrong song, right idea.

5. Cannon blasts

Scaring people since…forever.

4. Cheers 

It’s any time of any day and OU still sucks! TEXAS. FIGHT. (This guy gets it).

3. Hook ‘em hand sign

Horns up!

2. Tailgating

Does football exist without tailgating? Is the Pope Catholic?

1. The tower lights up

The one and only; in all its burnt orange glory.