Style

TJ Maxx steals for you and your roomie to snatch on your next shopping spree

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Everyone loves a good deal, and there’s no better way to find one than by being a Maxx-inista. TJ Maxx is the place to be for all things fashion, beauty, and home improvement, and if you’re a broke college student but still want to live a cute lifestyle it’s the place for you. Below is a list of the best things to keep an eye out for on your next TJ Maxx run. 

1. Candles

On one of our bi-weekly TJ Maxx trips (carried out on nights when we should really be studying), my roommates and I found the best candle I have ever smelled and we have been obsessed with it ever since – Red Leaf Home “Midnight Pumpkin.” I’m a sucker for candles, especially fall-scented ones, and this one does not miss the mark. Even if you aren’t a fan of the scent, there is usually a whole aisle dedicated to candles, so you’re bound to find something to obsess over. (The website is sold out, but I linked it anyways so you know what to look for ;))

1. Fashion basics

There is no need to overspend on good-quality basics when TJ Maxx exists. I recently bought 3 fall-colored bodysuits for $32 and the fabric is thick and stretchy like a bodysuit should be. They have an amazing selection of sweaters this time of year as well!

1. Organization

The key to having a clean and luxurious feeling space is keeping it organized. TJ Maxx has so many cheap organizational products for every inch of your home imaginable. From the bathroom to the kitchen, it’s the best place to plan your deep cleaning. 

1. Beauty 

While I don’t recommend purchasing any skincare or makeup products from TJ Maxx because of expiration dates and the potential of people touching the products, they always have a ton of other great beauty products like gua-shas, ice rollers, hair rollers, flat irons, and beauty sponges.

Hi! I'm Katie and I'm a junior psychology major here at UT Austin. I love reading, self care and my cat, Cleo!