This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

With the end of the semester approaching (or hitting you like an 18-wheeler), comes the glorious days of summer. Whether you’re spending it in an office or on a beach, here are my must-haves for a cute, cool and fashionable summer.

1) Color

While you were spending the past few months languishing in your bedroom over that essay that needed to be written while episodes of Inside Amy Schumer kept you busy, the world erupted in color. So take a cue from the outside these next few months.  While pastels look great in your spring pictures, liven it up this summer with rich blues and purples, greens and oranges.

2) Jean shorts…

…are God’s gift to anyone at nearly all times. Granted, you won’t want to wear them to work, pretty much anywhere else, jean shorts can leave you comfy and cute. Pair your high-waisted shorts with the very popular kimono for an outdoor party, or DIY some old lace onto cut-offs. Try them in a print or bright color, or even classic white.  No matter how you wear them, jean shorts are always a good go-to, as long as your butt isn’t hanging out!

3) Sundresses

The epitome of the perfect summer outfit that will keep you cool and comfortable is a sundress and a pair of flats. The best thing about this item is that it can go from work to a party in just a few minutes. Try one in a new color, like neon yellow or coral and mix and match it with a metallic belt or contrasting earrings for a new look every day!

With just these few items, your summer wardrobe will be cute and functional.  Have fun this summer, and remember that a good outfit is not that far away!