Three Fashion Staples for Winter Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.
Every year, I always wait for that moment where it’s acceptable to wear ‘winter 

clothing’. We all know Texas weather is unpredictable and living in Austin means 

80% dry weather; all the time. Well, it’s mid-December and the weather is 

screaming for you to put some use to those scarves, leggings and boots that have 

been tucked behind all those summer clothing. 

Scarves

They can really make an outfit so much better. The best part is, that there are so 

many types of scarves. One scarf that looks great, no matter what, is the infinity 

scarf. The name itself should give you a sense of what it is; there’s no end to it. It’s 

also known as a loop or a circle scarf. Whether it’s patterned or a solid color or 

if you’re going for a casual or more professional look, make sure to top off your 

weather outfit with a trendy scarf. 

Leggings

Not only do they keep you warm, but there are also so many patterns and colors of 

leggings that you can purchase at stores at The Drag, The Domain and Barton Creek 

Mall – Forever21, H&M, American Apparel, Urban Outfitters and Charlotte Russe. 

You really can’t go wrong with dark neutral colors like black or gray. 

Boots

These were what I was really excited about when the cold fronts started coming 

in. You can wear these with jeans, leggings and dresses – long, short, heel, no heel, 

booties and mid-length. Combat boots and nude or black booties can give your outfit 

more of an edge; not to mention, their really comfortable. You can find some really 

great deals at A’GACI, Forever21 and Charlotte Russe; I’m talking 2 for $50 boots.

Whatever you wear these couple of months, make sure to keep warm. But with 

these three items, you’ll be looking cute too.
Mira Milla is a junior majoring in Journalism at the University of Texas and is currently interning at 'The Society Diaries'.