Laptop Jeans Ripped Study School
Laptop Jeans Ripped Study School
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus

Things You Should Buy to Have a Better Time With Online School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Online classes can be stressful, tedious, and tiring at times. Sometimes you don’t have a quiet and comfortable place to take your class or study. You might have experienced headaches and back pain that have made it hard to sit through another class. You also may be finding it hard to get organized on a day to day basis. Here are a few products I have found that have made online school a little more bearable.

Backrest Pillow

If you are like me and you don’t always have a desk to do your work at, a Backrest Pillow is a must! A pillow like this provides great support for your back and allows you to sit more comfortably on a couch or bed for a longer period of time. This is also a great product for reading in bed.

Blue Light Blocking Glasses

With online classes, we all spend more time looking at a screen than we would like to. This inevitably leads us to be exposed to blue light for several hours which can be damaging to our eyes and could cause headaches. Since I started using this product, I experienced less stress on my eyes which has also decreased the number of headaches I previously had experienced.

Hourly Planner

It’s hard to make time for all the things you want to do when you are struggling to keep track of all the things you need to do. As someone who is taking a full course load, is in a sorority, writes for two online zines, and has a new puppy, this product has been a lifesaver. I used to only get half of the things on my to-do list done, now that I block schedule my days I get about  90% done. I particularly love All things Lilly Ann’s The Ultimate Notepad, a notepad designed for hourly scheduling.

Time Marked Water Bottle

When you are sitting at a screen for hours it can be easy to forget to hydrate. Before this product, I was averaging two water bottles a day. I felt exhausted because I was dehydrated and I found it hard to consume the amount of water I was supposed to be drinking. A water bottle like this will help you keep track of when you should be drinking water, and help you plan ahead in case you have a meeting or class where you have to have your camera on.

Ilyanna Santos is an aspiring writer and journalist from Austin, Texas. She is currently studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin and is the Marketing and Social Media Director for Shamari Realty. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, and having a good cup of tea.
Chandler is a senior at UT double majoring in English and Chinese while pursuing a Certificate in Global Management. She currently serves as one of HerCampus Texas' Campus Correspondents and adores live music, dogs, friends, and mindful living ♥