This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

As many of you all know Mercury entered retrograde on October 14th. This retrograde will be lasting from October 14th-November 3rd. The retrograde will be entering in libra and libra deals with balance, partnerships, and romance, so this means that this energy will be more compromised due to the retrograde entering in the sign of libra.

What does mercury entering retrograde mean? Well this just means that the planet is moving in the opposite direction than that of the Earth, but what it also means is to finish your unfinished business. The big themes during this retrograde are to not start new things but to instead look back and reassess things from your past and to realign your life. 

Mercury is the planet that rules communication, meaning that with this retrograde people may begin to experience communication issues (this can be through; speaking, any form of writing, reading and listening). 

This planet also affects people differently depending on what houses libra may rule in their birth charts since this retrograde will be entering in the sign of libra. But I promise you that it isn’t all bad news when mercury goes into retrograde. 

Aries (March 21st-April 20th)

During this retrograde aries will be facing problems with family and home. It may feel as if you are not stable or secure but this will be the time to find a balance and reassess how you go about making decisions so you can feel stronger and at peace once again.

Taurus (April 21st-May 20th)

You will be having problems with communication in the sense that so many of your words will get twisted, but take this time to reflect and understand that you can’t control everything. Also, taking the time to become more flexible will help you feel better during this retrograde.

Gemini (May 21st-June 20th)

During this retrograde you will face problems with money. While it will seem frustrating, during this time you should find new ways to bring income or reconsider your options, you can even renegotiate your wage if the opportunity is presented. Since mercury also rules negotiation if you do negotiate a new wage or new opportunities it could actually work in your favor. 

Cancer (June 21st-July 22th)

At the moment you will feel as if your life is on hold or as if things are spiraling backwards but instead of pushing to move forward work on what is present. Work on your current relationships and on yourself. Old unresolved problems may arise but don’t be afraid to resolve them even if it may feel scary at first, just remember to go easy on yourself. 

Leo (July 23rd- August 22nd) 

During this time you will realize that past traumas may be triggered, but this retrograde will be a great time to release and heal from these. Once you’ve let go you will be able to move forward and become happier.

Virgo (August 23rd-September 22nd)

Virgos are ruled by mercury in the sense that they tend to be very logical. During this time you may begin to reconsider your path and change into a new direction, while it is said to not start anything new during this retrograde you can still begin to plan it and pursue those changes later.

Libra (September 23rd-October 22th)

Libras can be very indecisive and right now you may be projecting a lot of new ideas for change in your life, careerwise. This is a great time to reflect on what decisions you are making in the present and stop fighting against the contemplations you may face when it comes to your goals.  

Scorpio (October 23rd-November 22th)

Scorpios tend to be very in tune with their emotions and may sometimes lead their decision making based off of their feelings. During this retrograde try to learn more about your spirit and reassess your decisions to continue your path to self discovery and don’t let your feelings take complete control of how you go about your life. 

Sagittarius (November 23rd-December 21st)

During this retrograde you will realize that a lot of your relationships are not balanced and now would be a great time to work on creating that necessary balance you seek in your relationships. Also, you will begin to resolve karmic cycles in certain relationships so that you can move forward in life.

Capricorn (December 22th-January 19th)

Capricorns are known to be very focused on achieving the goals they have set out for themselves and try to steer away from drama, but during this time there may be some drama that may arise. This drama will have to do with your love life and there will be a lot of reflecting in regards to your important relationships. During this time you may realize that your partners or friends are not on the same page as you are, which can cause some miscommunication to happen. If things change and relationships end, know that it is a fated time for those relationships that served you no purpose to end and those that will help you to begin.

Aquarius (January 20th-February 19th)

Aquarius is notorious for hating routines, but as this retrograde begins you will realize that it may be time to set a routine that will help you manage your work/business life and your social life. You may feel overwhelmed or as if there is so much to do but setting a routine will be something that will help make everything feel a bit more manageable.

Pisces (February 20th-March 20th)

This retrograde will have you thinking about love and relationships, you will have a period of reflecting on how you view romance and what you truly want. As you reflect there will be a lot of moments where you will feel nostalgic and think of people from the past. Since a big theme of this retrograde is to avoid starting something new or make big changes try to avoid reigniting past relationships. 

So if you receive that unexpected text from that someone you’ve been trying to forget…Try not to give in and continue your path, because we can’t go from taking one step forward to then taking two steps back. Overall we may be facing feelings of nostalgia or indecisiveness and it is something very common during retrograde.

But regardless of all the temptation to look back & fall back into old habits we are all strong and will push through this retrograde and remember to stay positive!

Frida is a second-year neuroscience major at The University of Texas at Austin. She is from Houston, Texas. She enjoys painting, connecting with nature, and doing tarot readings!
Chandler is a senior at UT double majoring in English and Chinese while pursuing a Certificate in Global Management. She currently serves as one of HerCampus Texas' Campus Correspondents and adores live music, dogs, friends, and mindful living ♥