This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

For the past few weeks as finals have rolled in I have debated how I will spend my summer. This past year was my freshman year of college and I did live in a dorm. For this reason I don’t have a place to stay in Austin for the summer, and will be returning to my small hometown. This is something I’ve struggled with because growing up there the world always felt so small and upon moving to Austin everything seemed to expand. However I think the change of pace will be a good mental break from the hustle and bustle of city life. While Austin is a great city and UT is a fantastic school, I’ve come to realize that the pressure that comes with living here needs to be managed. Throughout the year some of the most stress free times have been on breaks where I’ve returned home. There is a certain beauty in the familiar roads and old favorite spots. Seeing old friends and the peace that comes with the small town charm is an irreplaceable feeling. So as summer draws near I’m sure many others may be dreading going back home, but take it as time to relax and remember your roots.

Hello! I am a psychology major at UT Austin and am super excited for this semester.