This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

As the 2021–2022 school year is coming to an end, it is time to bring on long summer days filled with pure bliss. I personally have been looking at creating my annual summer playlist but I can tell this one will be different. This summer will be one to remember, and I can promise you that. When crafting this playlist I pictured sitting in the car with my best friends watching the sunset. Captivated by the simplicity and beauty of this thing called life. A moment of serenity and a time where you can embrace your genuine happiness. To get into this mindset of being the best and most authentic version of yourself, I have composed a list of my favorite summer songs that will boost your mood during break. When listening to these songs, I need you to close your eyes and envision your favorite summer activity. Whether that is driving around town with your closest friends. Splashing around in the pool. Laying in the sand at the beach. Imagine your smile. Get into the summer mindset. That is the best way to listen. I hope you enjoy this list!

Slide (feat. Frank Ocean & Migos) by Calvin Harris

Time (feat. Mac Miller & Kali Uchis) by Free Nationals

Love 2 Fast by Steve Lacy

Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry

All The Time by Bahamas

Like A Star by Corinne Bailey Rae

Too Late by The Happy Fits

The Moment by Tame Impala

Chapstick by COIN

Summer Love by Justin Timberlake

She’s On My Mind by JP Cooper

P.S. I promise there are no skips!

Lauren is a Junior studying Government and Economics at the University of Texas. An avid coffee drinker and sushi fanatic, Lauren enjoys exploring the city, attending concerts, and discovering new music. Aside from writing, in her free time she can be seen reading, having weekly movie nights, and spending time with friends and family.