Style > Beauty

The Japanese Beauty Products Everyone Needs…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

1. Kose- Softymo Cleansing Oils

Price: $8-$11

If you’ve been on skincare TikTok then you’ve probably seen this product by now. Kose has several types of Softymo Cleansing Oils including a ‘Speedy’ and ‘Deep’ cleaning version. This product is perfect for a two-step facial cleansing-a process where you first remove makeup, sunscreen, and other heavy skincare products before going in with a traditional cleanser to clean the pores. This cleansing oil is not heavy feeling and cleans makeup off (even tricky waterproof mascara) exceptionally well. Plus at this price point, it’s a hard product to beat.

2. naturie- Hatomugi Skin Conditioner

Price: $8-$15

Unlike other products this mild toner does not work as an astringent to cleanse the skin, rather its goal is to moisturize and soothe skin. I’ve been trying this product since Christmas, and while it’s new to my collection, it has to be one of my favorite products. This toner used coix seed extract which has been shown to soften the skin through enzymes that soften the outer layers of keratin located in the skin cells. In short, it makes your skin super soft and provides a nice foundation for other skincare products like creams, retinoids, and lotions.

3. Rohto Mentholatum- Melano CC Vitamin C Premium Essence

Price: $12-$20

If you’re not already using a vitamin C serum it’s never too late to start. I can not rave enough about the benefits of vitamin C (because it would take forever), but let me give you a few of the best ones: protects your skin from sun damage, aids in collagen production, and evens skin tone. Unlike other vitamin C serums, this one really works. For this price and potency, you’re getting the best bang for your buck.

4. Shiseido- Senka Perfect Whip Face Wash

Price: $7-$12

If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative to your expensive face wash, but not willing to sacrifice quality, this is the one for you. If you’ve been to Sephora you’ve probably seen the brand Shiseido; they sell very expensive skincare. However, some of their regional Japanese products are more than reasonable. This face wash has a light and fluffy texture that doesn’t strip your face and gives it that squeaky texture (you know the one). I’ve also found that this face wash doesn’t cause acne flare-ups.

5. Kao- MegRythm Steam Eye Mask

Price: $5-$12

Ok so it might be stretching it to call this a beauty product, but they’re amazing and going on the list anyways. As the name may entail these are eye masks that come in a multitude of scents and varieties. These packs are amazing because all you have to do is open the pack and put the mask directly onto the eye area. These are a must for college students because they soothe the eyes after a long day of staring at a screen or just general sleep deprivation. These are great after a long day.

Sophmore at the University of Texas, Austin. I love horror novels, hair metal, and collecting fashion dolls...