Thanksgiving As A College Kid, As Told By GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It’s Thursday, and you realize Thanksgiving is only a week away

Then you realize that there are those few pesky days that the University makes you go to class

But you don’t care because soon you’ll be stuffing your face with delicious food

WAIT WHAT. You’re English professor insists you attend your 3pm class on Wednesday

They’re serious. 3PM. WEDNESDAY.

Oh, and don’t forget that paper that is due with an accompanying presentation on Tuesday

Bright side: at least you can do your laundry at home and save on money

And by the end of the Wednesday, you get everything done (like a boss)

Then you finally get home, fall asleep your bed, and never want to leave it 

But then in the morning, your dad asks if you want to watch Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade like old times

Finally you decide to get up and help your mom cook dinner

And when she can’t decide if she wants to bake a pumpkin pie or pecan pie

As expected, all your relatives come over and ask those typical questions:

“What are you studying?”

“What are you planning to do after?”

“Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?”

But finally you get to sit down to eat

Until that snarky cousin asks you to pass the mashed potatoes and thanks you as they proceed to eat the rest of them

Then you get to enjoy that lovely food coma after dinner 

Until your mom suggests waking up at 4am for Black Friday shopping

Then you find yourself being woken up and forced to go with her anyways, even though you had way too much wine to deal with screaming shoppers at this hour

Things get better (read: worse) when you run into an old high school friend at said Black Friday shopping

Then they ask to hang out

But then you realize they can give you the inside scoop on that girl that just got engaged

After y’all hang out

Finally, it’s time to get back to the Forty Acres. You’ve missed it, and it has missed you.