Texas-Based Blogs That You Should Be Reading

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Whether you’re looking for fashion inspiration or DIY tutorials, there are hundreds of blogs looking to catch your attention. But some of them just don’t capture that special Texas feel many UT students are looking for. Here are a few Texas-based bloggers that get the Lone Star feel right- including a few that are stationed right here in Austin.

Camille Styles

Texas native Camille Styles is a blogger extraordinaire. Aside from managing a team of 12 contributors for her personal website, she is the owner of Austin-based event planning company Camille Styles, Inc. and a regular contributor for HGTV. Her website features entertainment, food, beauty, style and life inspiration.

Diya

Diya is a fellow Longhorn who recently graduated with a degree in chemical engineering and biochemistry. Her blog started as a side project, but quickly turned into a launching pad for her future career in fashion intellectual property law. Her experience with fashion includes working with Marie Claire, LOFT and Rimmel London. Now based in NYC, her blog is full of fashion inspiration from two major cities.

Kendi

If you haven’t heard of Kendi, you must not go online very often! This McKinney, Texas resident owns a clothing boutique (Bloom) and manages to post personal style pictures almost daily. Her effortless style is definitely one of which collegiettes should take note!

Photo credits:

cb4a8b21bcbc90a3545ad4cd838a93c7.jpg

_studybreak.jpg

Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.