Strawberry Season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Springtime means a ripe crop of strawberries are ready for harvest in Texas! If you’re looking for a good daytrip for some delicious fun, try taking a trip to Marble Falls to pick your own strawberries! There is a strawberry farm about an hour away from Austin called Sweet Berry Farm that allows strawberry lovers to harvest from March to May. The berries are sold by the pound and you pay for what you pick! Sweet Berry Farm also sells homeade strawberry ice cream, popsicles, and lemonade- a perfect way to end the day.

If you wind up with more berries than you can eat, you can bust out your creative cooking talents and use your berries for muffins, tarts, cakes, and even strawberry daiquiris. 

Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.