This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Lately, I’ve been feeling a spectrum of emotions. Life feels as though it has been moving at lightning and turtle speed at the same time. As we transition away from the pandemic we’ve known for the past year, it is normal to feel a cycle of moods. Sometimes when you feel a certain way, the best thing to do is to allow yourself to sit with it and acknowledge your feelings. Here are some songs I have been listening to at various points in my moods:

Happy: Chinatown by Bleachers (feat. Bruce Springsteen) 

Sad: Seven Devils by Florence & The Machine 

Nostalgic: Days Are Gone by HAIM 

Joyful:  Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac 

Homesick: In My Life by The Beatles 

Motivated: Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen 

Burnt out: Crazy Train by Zella Day

Heartbroken: Pink – Live & Acoustic by LEÓN 

Moving on: Second Night of Summer by Børns 

Going Places: One More Cup of Coffee by Bob Dylan 

Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!