This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

1. People show their love for you in different ways; it doesn’t mean you aren’t loved

2. Any progress, no matter how big or small, is progress

3. You may not know it, but someone looks up to you 

4. Your mind is powerful; speak only good to it

5. Reward even the smallest of your wins

6. You can always say no without requiring an explanation

7. Pleasing everyone is impossible so please yourself

8. You deserve it all; nothing is “too good” for you

9. Let go of what doesn’t serve you 

10. What is meant for you will be. 

With national #MentalHealthAwarenessDay being on October 10th, just when spooky season is taking off, it’s good to take that mask off for a minute and allow yourself to feel those emotions. Don’t hide them. Not every day is a good day and not everyone has their sh** together. Nowadays, it’s so easy to get caught up pretending to have that perfect “Instagram” life or feeling like you have to prove that you are living your best life, but remember to take a breather and give yourself some props even when that is not entirely the case.  

Self-love is the best kind of love. You feed your own thoughts, and what you feed your mind shows through you. So, speak only good to yourself, but hold yourself accountable for your mistakes. Apologize when needed to, and you will find a peaceful mind. 

Things get tough, and quarantine has not made things any easier. The year is almost over, and it may feel like we have just wasted it all stuck at home. But let that break from the outside world lead to a better and more loved version of yourself. Become aware of what troubles you and make peace with it; nothing is worth holding onto if it’s not bringing good to you

I am currently a senior at The University of Texas, majoring in Human Dimensions of Organizations and minoring in business. A couple of things that bring joy into my life include fashion, photography and music. Dressing up while listening to your favorite bangers is a form of self-care. 5 years from now I hope to be roaming the streets of Italy and live my European fantasy. Don't be shy and tag along on my instagram (@jojo.alttt)
Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!