This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

The royal wedding may have been four months ago, but it feels like just yesterday that I was watching this real life fairytale from across the pond. Prince Charles was the real MVP for walking Meghan down the aisle, but Princess Charlotte stole the show with a wave that would leave Princess Mia of Genovia shaking in her boots. Of course, the flowers were lush, and the lemon elderflower cake was nothing short of divine – or, so I’ve heard. If, like me, you still fall asleep dreaming of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding day, here’s a little summary of what they’ve been up to since we last saw them saying, “I do” in St. George’s Chapel.

Their first official royal engagement: Prince Charles’ 70th birthday

In honor of Prince Charles’ 70th birthday, the Duke and Duchess delayed their honeymoon to celebrate with dear, old dad. Talk about sacrificing for your in-laws! Luckily, Meghan is a much better person than any of us. I mean, she is a princess, after all, so selflessness is part of the job – or so I’ve gleaned as much from every Disney Princess movie that comprised my childhood. Here, we see her first outfit as an official Duchess. Neutral. Feminine. Timeless. 10/10

Photo Credit

Yas Queen: Trooping the Colour

Keep the balloons and streamers coming, because the next big event they attended was the birthday celebration for none other than the Queen herself. The Trooping the Colour Parade has marked the official birthday of the British Sovereign for over 260 years. This tradition involves 1400 soldiers, 200 horses, and 400 musicians! Ain’t no party like a Queen’s party.

Photo Credit

God’s Plan: Prince Louis’ Christening

Little Louis wore the same gown that both his siblings wore to their christenings – a replica of a robe made for Queen Victoria’s daughter in 1841. This is the first time we see the family of five together – As per usual, they look perfect. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were also in attendance… Can you imagine Prince Harry as an Uncle?? *Swoon*

Photo Credit

Kiss Me, I’m Irish! Harry and Meghan’s first official visit

Work hard. Play hard. En route to find a pot of gold in Dublin, the Duke and Duchess visited with state dignitaries, played a little rugby and hurling, and worked on easing diplomatic tensions over the Brexit split that is set to go into effect next March.

Photo Credit

Royal Pain in the Ace: Kate and Meghan go to Wimbledon

Sister-in-laws who watch tennis together, stay together. The Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex attended the ladies’ final where Angie Kerber defeated Serna Williams 6-3, 6-3. This was Kerber’s third career Grand Slam title. Although Meghan’s longtime pal, Serena, may have lost, Meghan got the real W by getting to spend quality one-on-one time with Kate. Game, set, match – sisters for the win.

Photo Credit

Hi five! Prince George turned 5

He’s just so cute. Look at how pinchable those cheeks are!! Third in line to the throne. Number one in my heart. 

Photo Credit

Marco, Polo. Harry, Polo: Prince Harry plays in charity match

Sentebale is a charity organization founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso. They are committed to helping young people with HIV / AIDS live happy and healthy lives in southern Africa. Prince Harry played in the Sentebale Polo Cup that raised over 1 million pounds to support these efforts. I’m also not complaining about how Harry looks in a uniform.

Photo Credit

Yankee Doodle: Prince Harry and Meghan see Hamilton

A gala performance of the hit musical, Hamilton, was put on at the Victoria Palace Theater to raise more money and awareness for Sentebale. Apparently, Harry got on stage and gave a brief performance, singing a few of the words from the song, “You’ll be Back.” It’s safe to say, even Harry is charmed by Lin Manuel Miranda’s ingeniousness, despite being a direct descendent of the other team! I’m glad we can all be friends now.

Photo Credit

Heart is their Crowning Glory: WellChild Awards

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited with winners of the WellChild Awards, which, according to Kensington Palace, “celebrate the inspiring qualities of some of the country’s seriously ill young people and the dedication of those who go the extra mile to keep children healthy and happy.” The Duke has been a patron of this charity since 2007. *Heart melts.*

Photo Credit

What’s on the horizon?

In one month, the Duke and Duchess begin their official royal tour to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and the Kingdom of Tonga. According to the Palace, their tour will focus on youth leadership, environmental and conservation efforts, and the recovery and rehabilitation of servicemen and women through the Invictus Games that will take place in Sydney, Australia. Cheerio my royal mates!

There you have it. If you’ve made it this far, you’re basically a royal insider. All you need is a cup of tea and a pair of wellies. Double points if you have a corgi. Keep calm and carry on!

Love and crumpets,

MK

Mary Kate is a junior at the University of Texas at Austin, double majoring in Political Communication and Advertising, and minoring in Business. A walking Elle Woods, she studies for law school by day and wears pink by night. In her free time, she loves traveling all over the world -- from London and Paris to Australia, Italy, and Austria. She also loves musicals, puppies (especially golden doodles), and brunch with friends. Who doesn't enjoy a good pancake and avocado toast?
I am a third year English major hoping to become a book editor. I have been writing for HerCampus for one year, and am excited to work as a Co-Editor this year. I love reading and staying home with my cat, Luna.