Rimmel: A Brand Spotlight

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Over the past weekend, UT’s HerCampus received some goodies from the makeup brand Rimmel, and now we get to share our thoughts on them with you! For those who may have not heard about this brand, Rimmel is a brand of cosmetics that is manufactured in the UK. Have you ever heard of the phrase, “Get the London Look”? That phrase came from a commercial for mascara, in particular, the ScandalEyes Mascara, by the British beauty brand Rimmel itself.

Fortunately, Rimmel has affordable beauty products that makes it easier on our college-drained wallets! Unfortunately, the CVS on Guadalupe Street doesn’t carry this brand in this particular store, so unless you take a car and make a trip to the closest H-E-B or Ulta near you, this isn’t a makeup brand you can quickly scope out during passing period or break times during the week. Despite that, here are some quick reviews on the products that Rimmel sent to us, and other products we would recommend for you to check out!

Rimmel Colour Precise Eyeliner in Blue, $5-6

The first thing I noticed about this eyeliner upon applying it was how pigmented it was. The blue color was very vivid, and this is surprising because the eyeliner has a sponge felt tip. I typically don’t use those, and I tend to go for eyeliners with a brush tip due to the fact that from my experience, sponge tips absorb a ton of the product, which leaves you with eyeliner that isn’t completely opaque like you would expect. However, this was not a problem at all, and the pigmentation is great.

This eyeliner is styled like an eyeliner pencil, making it easier for anyone to apply, whether you’re experienced or inexperienced when applying eyeliner. This goes hand-in-hand with the pigmentation, no matter what angle you apply this, whether you’re doing a wing, or just a normal swipe on the upper lash line, you get the same opacity and pigmentation.

The only thing to remember is that it won’t last all night. After 3-4 hours, the eyeliner started to flake off. However, this eyeliner is compact enough to fit in even a smaller purse, so quick touch-up should do it!

Rimmel 24HR Curler Mascara, $5-6

I have very short, straight lashes, so I was very excited to try this out. My lashes typically require a blow dryer, eyelash curlers, or for a quick fix, eyelash glue and a pair of Ardell’s. I applied two coats, and I realized, it is never truly that easy to  get that curl on your lashes. I do believe it’s partly my lashes; perhaps if your lashes are longer, and if they naturally have that curled shape, then maybe this is a way to keep them fixed that way because it did not work for me. However, I could see myself wearing this mascara because the wand definitely helps give your lashes volume. This mascara claims it lasts for 24 hours, and I did not have it on for that long, but I do believe that this is pretty long-lasting.

Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick in “Cheeky Coral” and “Oh-So-Wicked”, $7-8

These lipsticks are so creamy and smooth, I loved applying them! The colors on the packaging are true to their color. The pigmentation on these lipsticks are nice, but with the “Oh-So-Wicked,” it may take a coat or two to really get the color on there. I love how smooth the application is. The finish on these lipsticks are a smooth, satin finish, so they give your lips a healthy, moisturized look. The “Oh-So-Wicked” is absolutely perfect for fall, while the “Cheeky Coral” is a very bright coral-pink, so that would be great for the summertime. Overall, I’d recommend!

As said, Rimmel has other great products that do the job and get great reviews. Here’s a short list of other recommended products with glowing reviews on various makeup review forums, YouTube, and other blogs:

1. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

2. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3. Rimmel Sculpting and Highlighting Kit

4. Rimmel Natural Bronzer

5. Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner

Alanna Viejo studies at University of Texas in Austin majoring in Nutritional Sciences, with an intent to go to Pharmacy school. At UT Austin, she is a member of the social organization, Texas Bluebonnets, working in the Public Relations/Advertising Committee as the Director. She is also a peer mentor for School of Human Ecology. Aside from the sciences, Alanna takes an interest in writing, reading, beauty, fashion & style. 
Eleni is a nerd who prefers to be called an intellectual. She loves pondering philosophical questions and reflecting on life as a twenty-something, both of which she does on her blog: sharingimpressions.com. Anyone creative and curious is welcome.