Career > Money

Ranking 3 Of The Easiest Ways to Make Money As An Influencer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Are you ready to start earning money as an influencer? Based on my three years of experience, here are some of the simplest ways I’ve found to make money!

UGC

UGC stands for user-generated content and it’s my favorite way to make money as an influencer! At its core, UGC is where you create content for brands to use in whatever capacity they may need, i.e social media posts, websites, print, etc.

PROS & CONS:

PRO: You don’t have to post UGC content on your own page, and your follower count doesn’t matter! As long as you know how to capture high-quality content, you can work with brands.

CON: You lose most of the rights to the content since brands typically want indefinite usage rights when they pay you.

Sponsored Posts

This is the most typical way to make money: sponsored posts require you to follow creative direction from a brand and post on your own platform in exchange for monetary payment.

PROS & CONS:

PRO: You don’t need a lot of followers to get sponsored! Personally, I recommend having at least 1k followers (on TikTok or Instagram) before reaching out to brands, but it’s not a strict rule.

• Tip: Ensure you have high engagement, post high-quality content, and maintain consistency with your posting before pitching to brands. Brands look for influencers who can provide value to their audience through engaging content and consistent posting!

CON: Since influencer marketing is relatively new, there isn’t a lot of information on standard pay. Rates differ drastically from influencer to influencer, so it’s common to receive low-payment offers from brands.

Affiliate links

This one is last for a reason. I absolutely hate affiliate codes because it’s so hard to actually reap the benefits.

PROS & CONS:

PRO: While I don’t think affiliate links are highly effective, I will say it’s a very easy way to make money. As long as you have a strong following and can drive traffic to the affiliate link, you can make passive income easily!

CON: If you’re a new creator or have a small following, it can take a while to make a significant income. Additionally, companies often offer a small portion of the total purchase, typically 10%-15%, which means you would need to sell a large volume to make a meaningful return.

Sharing everything I know about the world of Gen-Z fashion, beauty, and micro-influencing! TikTok: @siarahmaz2.0