PT Bound, Bunny Lover, Virginia Native: A Profile of Serena Morales

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Serena Morales

Hometown: Falls Church, Virginia

1. When did you move to Texas?

I moved to Texas in August of 2013. We lived in Virginia before that, but then my dad got a job offer here in Austin, so we moved to Cedar Park and that’s where I went to high school. The move was really difficult for me at first. I gained a lot of weight and struggled to fit in, but after a lot of hard work and adjusting, I’m really happy and I workout everyday. I love Austin, especially now that I come to UT!

2. As a first semester freshman, what are some of your favorite things about being a Longhorn?

I definitely love the football games, the friends I’ve made, and being in a sorority. I’ve met so many different people and made so many close friends already and the atmosphere here at UT is just awesome.

3. Which sorority are you a member of and how is Greek life?

I pledged Alpha Delta Pi! Rush week was insane, but I definitely found my home here on campus. It’s a whole new adventure in college, you meet so many different people, you learn a lot about yourself, and through Greek life you get to find your own little niche. It really keeps you busy but there’s so much to do.

4. What major are you and what do you plan on doing with that?

I’m an exercise major on a pre-physical therapy track with a specialization as a health and fitness instructor. I want to work as a physical therapist one day.

5. What inspired you to want to be a physical therapist?

When I was in high school I got injured playing basketball. Throughout my recovery I spent a significant amount of time with my physical therapist, and I really forged a strong relationship with her. When I was going through that recovery period I realized that that’s what I wanted to do. I have always wanted to go into the medical field, and at first I wanted to be a nurse, but then I realized nurses don’t necessarily get the time to connect with their patients as deeply as physical therapists do. So that’s when I decided I wanted to be a physical therapist.

North East School of the Arts Creative Writing major grad currently attending THE University of Texas at Austin majoring in corporate communication! In addition to writing, I love to run, read, eat, shop, and be with friends.