A Profile of Texas Pride

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Texas is all about pride. Everyone who has lived in Texas knows the strength of the bond of living in this great state. Austinites and UT students feel that pride every day. There is no place quite like it. Here are what 12 freshman students from all around the country had to say when asked, “What is the best part about living in Austin and going to UT?”

Not having too cold winters” –Becca Longren, California

“School pride, Beautiful lakes, ACL & SXSW” Dana Whitten, New Jersey

“The people!” Sami Cantor, Missouri

“Being able to wear cowboy boots without getting made fun of.” –Sara Spector, New York

“Food, football, friends (I guess that’s y’all)” –Marisa DePuyt, Philadelphia

“You come for the school and stay for the city. UT is an amazing school both academically and socially, but what’s even better is the amazing location in Austin, where there’s always something to do. This school never gets boring.”Alana Kaufman, Colorado

“The best about going to UT is the school spirit”Reagan Bazarsky, Texas

“The thing I love about UT would probably be the school spirit; it really creates a strong community!”Hannah Plantowsky, Texas

“Being in the best city with the best friends and food trucks!”Chessie Zwang, New Jersey

“Music, people, food” –Carly Weiner, California

I love all of the school spirit that everyone has, and Austin is so beautiful and has wonderful food”Brittany Horowitz, Texas

“Being able to live in Austin, a diverse and exciting city, while attending the school that I had dreamed of attending since I was 4 years old has been the greatest and most exciting opportunity yet”Casey Lampert, Texas