Perfect Summertime Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

T-minus ONE WEEK till the end of classes.

One week until unlimited sunshine, countless days by the pool, fruity drinks, trips to the beach, bright colors, freedom from stress, lazy days and hot summer nights.

While the glorious months of summer rapidly approach (they could even come a little quicker and we wouldn’t complain), you’re going to need a playlist that will be the soundtrack to all your wild summer adventures. We scoped out the music scene and have compiled a list of several new artists and albums that you’ll want to add to your Spotify playlist and listen to on repeat all summer long. Whether spending hours out by the pool or taking a road trip with friends, these songs are guaranteed feel-good songs!

Classic

MKTO

This new hit is catchy, upbeat, and is the perfect go-to song when cruising with your friends. Windows down, music up!

You Sound Good to Me

Lucy Hale

You may know Lucy Hale as Aria on Pretty Little Liars, but you might be surprised to know she’s actually an equally talented singer with a rockin’ voice. This country hit literally sounds like summer-it’s carefree and lighthearted, guaranteed to make you push the repeat button once it’s over.

Stop Drop +Roll

Dan + Shay

This country duo’s entire album is full of feel-good summer songs that will make you bob your head even if you’re not a country music fan. Other hits on this album perfect for summer: 19 You + Me, Can’t Say No, and Show You Off.  

Play You Down

Steve Moakler

If you love good music, you will LOVE Steve Moakler. He’s got a twangy vibe, clever lyrics, a beautiful voice (and face), and did we mention he’s a singer-songwriter? Can he get any more talented? He says the message at the heart of his music is to “be honest, be yourself, and don’t be driven by the wrong things.” His music will make your heart happy, and is a must-add to your summer playlist.

Beachin’

Jake Owen

For goodness sake’s this song’s name is “Beachin”, it would be a mistake not to include it on this list. Every lyric will make you wish you were at the coast lying on the sand, feeling the salty wind whip through your perfectly tousled beach hair. If you need further evidence that this song is the perfect summer song watch the music video below.