New Year’s Resolutions Check In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

New Year, New Me: Resolutions Check-In

Okay so it’s officially March. Now’s a good time to dig out the cute little list you made on New Year’s Eve and see how you did. I love the concept – making changes to better yourself? I can get behind that. But I’ve always been horrible at keeping my resolutions. But this year, I wanted to make resolutions that I could really accomplish and get serious about follow through. Granted, we’re only two months into the year, but here are my resolutions…

1. FINALLY stop biting my nails

This is something I’ve been working on for my entire life. It’s a stress response that I hate, but can’t kick. So here we are in March, and so far SO good! I’m extremely proud of this one, and check back with me in December, but I’m really feeling good about it. I have a lovely manicure right now and all is well. Check.

2. Get organized and stay organized

Argh, things get out of hand for me so fast in my apartment. Tidying up is always the last thing I want to do when I get home from a long day of classes and work. I’ll get to the point where I can’t stand it anymore and I clean and organize. So this one has been hard to keep up, but making it routine helps. Every night before bed I make sure everything is neat and in order. It’s working so far! Plus now that my counter is consistently clean, I always have fresh flowers, which is a nice bonus.

3. Learn a new hobby

This one has been SO fun, let me tell you. On New Year’s Eve, one of my friends taught me how to cross stitch. So this one was technically complete before the New Year. But it’s great! So far I’ve made a cute flamingo, a quote surrounded by flowers, and now I’m making a set of arrows. But since I’m not sure if this counts for the New Year’s resolution (hm) I’m learning calligraphy now too! I’m not very good so far… This one is going to take a while, but I love having something to focus on!

So, so far so good! It’s super rewarding to finally be following through my resolutions and seeing some cool changes. But, important disclaimer, there’s never a bad time to make positive changes! You certainly don’t need to wait until next January 1st to do something different. As long as you’re ready to try something new, go for it!

Caroline is a third year psychology and French major. Her hobbies include napping, crafting, and shopping. She wears entirely too much navy, spends entirely too much time at coffee shops, and laughs entirely too much at her own jokes (but hey, someone’s gotta do it). You can find her @carolineeelise if you feel so inclined.