Red (Taylor’s Version) is taking me straight back to days of middle school angst. The music has recalled old friendships and memories that I hadn’t thought about in years. My top tracks combine the tunes I loved circa 2012 and additions from the vault. I’ve based this primarily on the songs I listen to the most.

Begin Again

This song takes me straight back to 7th grade. I remember being fascinated by the love story in the music video and aesthetic shots of Paris.

Favorite lines:

“But you start to talk about the movies / That your family watches every single Christmas / And I want to talk about that / And for the first time / What’s past is past.”

All Too Well

I could listen to this gut-wrenching ballad a million times in a row. Her new music video for the song is a beautiful work of autumn-inspired art.

Favorite line(s):

And you call me up again / just to break me like a promise / So casually cruel in the name of being honest

Nothing New

Her vault collaboration with Phoebe Bridgers really speaks to me as a woman in my 20s trying to figure my life out.

Favorite line(s): How can a person know everything / At eighteen, but nothing at twenty-two?

Come Back…Be Here

I don’t think I ever listened to this song when I was younger. I enjoy it now for its city-living imagery

Favorite line(s): This is falling in love in the cruelest way / This is falling for you and you are worlds away / In New York, be here / But you’re in London, and I break down

Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!