This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Netflix always releases waves of new shows, movies, and documentaries. There have been dozens of new releases for February already with more on their way. Here’s a list of some of the releases I’ve added to my own watchlist. 

The Tinder Swindler

Released on February 2nd, this documentary follows a man who flirts and woos women online, while portraying as someone with a luxurious and rich lifestyle. These women were conned out of millions of dollars and some victims plan to take their revenge. This documentary was another reminder to be wary of men when online dating, especially when it sounds too good to be true. Although watching was frustrating, it was still interesting and I grew invested; it pointed out all the red flags I should always keep an eye out for in the future.

Love Is Blind – Japan

Released on February 8th, this reality dating show features single men and women in Japan looking for love who date and get engaged before meeting each other in person. I loved the first season of the U.S. Love Is Blind series so I was excited to see a Japanese adaptation. This series is less dramatic and more wholesome compared to the American version, so it’s a nice change of pace. It’s also been interesting seeing the cultural differences when it comes to dating.

Love Is Blind – Season 2

Released on February 11th, this show based on a dating experiment came out a few days after the Japanese adaptation. This second season was the most anticipated release for me this month. It’s been full of drama, shock, and romantic gestures. This season is crazier than the last. I’d definitely suggest watching it if you’re into dating shows; I even got my roommates into the show and we watch the new episodes together!

Inventing Anna

Released on February 11th, this limited series follows a journalist who chases down and investigates the story of Anna Delvey, who stole the hearts and money of New York’s elite while convincing them she was a German heiress. This show has already generated a lot of interest and remained on the top of Netflix’s Top 10 list since its release. I’m excited to start this show as it’s inspired by the true events of a socialite in New York.

Alexis is a senior journalism major and business minor at the University of Texas At Austin. She currently serves as a writer and an associate editor for Her Campus Texas and enjoys creating content about lifestyle, pop culture, and food. Instagram: @ave_lexi