Wellness > Health

My favorite sustainable coffee brand: Chamberlain Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

If you know me you know I am obsessed with all things coffee. Cold-brew, delicious. Espresso, give it to me. Cute cups for said coffee, already own them. For the last two or three years, I’ve been on a mission to find the best coffee for the best price. I was on a Nespresso kick for a while but the machine alone had been about $200 and the pods were about $1 each. While they are cheaper than getting coffee from a coffee shop every day I felt like I could find a better taste sold for a better price and that’s just what I did. I am obsessed with this brand and I hope that after a little reading, you decide to try it out and love it as much as I do. 

Chamberlain Coffee is probably my favorite coffee brand of all time and just one of my favorite brands in general. It’s safe to say that I may be a little obsessed. Chamberlain coffee was founded by Emma Chamberlain (YouTuber, podcaster, and most notably a Louis Vuitton ambassador), and launched in 2019 with steeped coffee bags, whole beans, and ground coffee as well. Pretty soon after launching, the brand realized that Chamberlain coffee sort of lacked a personality that really made it stick out when compared to other brands, and the decision was made to pull the line and redo everything. For most brands, it may seem like all is lost, but Chamberlain coffee was able to come back better than ever. In October of 2020, the brand was back with a whole new design and new roasts to offer some variety to customers. 

The brand was back with 4 new roasts including the original blend that started it all. They included: Early Bird (a roast described as being light, crisp, bright, and complex), Careless Cat (half-caffeine with a medium and warm noted roast), Social Dog (medium, full-bodied, complex, and smooth roast), and Night Owl (dark, rich, velvety, and toasty roast). They joined the existing Original Family Blend which was described as a medium roast that is rich and vibrant with a juicy complexity. Since the relaunch, they have expanded its lineup to include matcha, hot chocolate, and three new coffee blends that all seem just as delicious as the original. 

Looking into the brand was a big thing for me and I had two requirements before I decided to make a purchase. The first requirement was that their beans were sustainably sourced. I went to the website and they had an about us page that was super helpful. I also wanted to make sure that their packaging was sustainable and that was something else they had right on their website. I was thrilled and browsed through the website to make my first purchase. 

I was drawn to the family blend, when it first came out so many people were talking about it and I wanted to see if it was really worth the hype or was it just being talked about because Emma Chamberlain had her name on it. It’s safe to say that the hype was absolutely worth it. I had just gotten a french press and decided to make a super easy cold brew to have in my fridge for a week filled with work and exams. Made a quick mix of 1 cup of coffee to 4 cups of water and let it sit for 14 hours before I poured my first cup. It was absolutely delicious and it’s definitely one of my favorite ground coffee blends. I also went ahead and ordered some mason jars and metal straws because if you’ve seen any Emma Chamberlain video, you know she is always drinking out of a mason jar. 

Chamberlain coffee also has a line of tote bags that include the designs from their signature coffee blends and I am obsessed with them. Tote bags have become a very recent staple in every outfit because they’re just so cute and convenient. Chamberlain coffee has some adorable ones and they are such a good price that I have debated ordering one in every design just to coordinate with outfits and have a ton of reusable shopping bags. 

I think I’ve given enough praise to the brand so if you want to see what the hype is all about I totally recommend heading to their website and finding out for yourself. Not only is Emma Chamberlain such a cool human being, her brand totally reflects that. The coffee is amazing and the brand checks off everything I hope a brand stands for. Chamberlain coffee, I love you. 

Victoria Navarro is an Advertising major at the University of Texas at Austin. She loves to spend time with her rescue dog Dusty and you can always catch her with a cup of coffee.