Culture > Digital

My Favorite Spotify Playlists To Maladaptive Daydream To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

If you are anything like me, sometimes real life just becomes too much. Pretending that you are not on your way to an economics class and are instead walking the streets of London is way more fun anyway. Here are some of my favorite playlists on Spotify that are the perfect background music to anyone’s daydreams.

1. “You’re a hopeless romantic but in the 19th century”

This is one of my favorite playlists that feels like it literally transports me back in time. Live out your Pride and Prejudice fantasies and reminisce over your long-lost love.

2.“WANDA MAXIMOFF VILLIAN ERA”

This is the ultimate girlboss playlist that I think everyone should listen to. It’s for expressing the feeling of feminine rage.

3.“POV: your in an edit”

I know I can’t be the only one who hears TikTok edit audios and wonders where these songs come from. This playlist is perfect for when you want to throw yourself into one of those edits on your feed.

4. “Like a 19th Century Villain – part 1

Again, the way that classical music just has a way of transporting you to a distant place is amazing. This playlist can make you feel powerful and unstoppable with these dark, villain soundtracks.

5. “european club fantasy”

The need to be dancing in a club in a small European town at 3 a.m. is seriously becoming unbearable. If you feel the same as me, this playlist is for you.

Ameera Ozzie is currently a senior attending the University of Texas at Austin. She is a Public Relations major who enjoys learning about all things social media-related and keeping up with entertainment news. With dreams and aspirations of working with high-fashion companies on their Public Relations teams, Ameera hopes to make an impact on the world no matter what she is doing.