This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Mitski is the one artist in my eyes where no two songs of hers sound the same. Her music can influence the moods I am in for hours, even days. Because of that, I think giving each season of the year a designated Mitski song is best. So here is what I think each season’s Mitski song would be.

Spring – Strawberry Blonde

I feel like this one is pretty obvious. I will say I hate the cottage-core comparisons to this song, but I cannot unsee it now. The soft orchestral folk is my main reason for placing this song under spring. Although the lyrics are not so light, the music itself feels like you’re frolicking through a meadow in the best way.

Summer – That’s Our Lamp
This whole album has this new wave of 80s pop sound, and I love it. The lyrics are a little nostalgic almost. The character of the song recalls a time when they and her partner loved each other. It’s not really sad in my eyes. It’s more of a reflection and an excellent close to the album. The poppy beat of the song is perfect for the summer especially paired with Mitski’s beautiful vocals.

Fall – Once More to See You

Once More to See You has this spooky, eerie sound to it, and I love it. The song’s content is that the character is almost yearning for this love from their partner, who almost won’t acknowledge it. What’s more spooky than that? 

Winter – Two Slow Dancers

This song’s softness and slow melody is perfect for the gray days of the winter. The buildup toward the latter part of the song is what really makes it. I think winter feels this way too. There’s a grayness to it but also a warmness with the family holidays it brings.

These are barely any of what Mitski’s discography entails. I recommended giving these a listen and giving all of her music a listen, if I am being completely honest. Try these out during the seasons. I hope you enjoy these songs as much as I do.

Talisa Treviño is a Junior (2025) Journalism major and Government minor in the Moody College Honors Program at The University of Texas. She is interested in audio storytelling and feature writing. When she has down time her hobbies include watching too much Bravo reality TV shows and playing Animal Crossing New Horizons.