This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Lucille Bates is a mixture of the past and the present: She’s 60s Motown, 70s dad-jams and Justin Bieber’s “Sorry” all mixed into one Spotify playlist. Her wardrobe is Coachella and Free People chic with a sprinkle of black and white Parisian stripes. She reads the classics but sends you the Buzzfeed quizzes and can reenact whole High School Musical scenes if you let her. She has an enthusiasm for life and love and friendship that is contagious.

Mostly, though, above all else, she has a big heart and a positivity that will never let you down. Just see for yourself:

Major: International Relations

Year: Senior

Hometown: Denver

Her Campus: Who is your celebrity Crush?

Luci Bates: Well, Mario Lopez on Dancing with the Stars was probably my sexual awakening. Currently, though, I’ve got a massive girl crush on Millie Bobby Brown from Stranger Things. If you haven’t seen her rap Monster, it’s a must and if you haven’t seen the show, excuse yourself from my life for 8 episodes and call me back after. Hozier is another catch. His Irish voice and lovely locks are too dreamy to pass up, and his song Someone New is probably the closest thing I’ll ever have to a theme song.

Her Campus:  What is your favorite place to study on campus?

LB: Remember how I made it to senior year without having ever stepped foot in the PCL? My aesthetic is definitely more bed and/or coffee shop (Flightpath is my personal favorite). If you’re forcing me to study on campus though, you can probably find me at the architecture library (at least until they kick me out for a contraband water bottle.)

Her Campus: If you could be stuck in an elevator with one person in the world, who would it be and why?

LB: I hope no one, because that sounds dreadful. However, everything significant for Dan in Gossip Girl happened in an elevator and there would probably be waffles, so it sounds like a win-win to me.

Her Campus: What’s your favorite quote?

LB: “I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don’t want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift.”

Her Campus: What’s the last picture you took with your phone?

LB: A picture with my friend Lucas at his buddy’s party in Canada. I fell in love with him at the tender age of 3 and named a puppy after when I was 6. We have since replaced the bottles of milk with bottles of beer, but the friendship is still going strong 2,000 miles away. He’s an absolute beauty.

Her Campus: What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?

LB: “You’re just really comfortable to be around, honestly you’re an absolute sweetheart.”  

Her Campus: If you could have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

LB: Tacos and margaritas. They’re a necessary staple of my daily diet.

Her Campus: What can always cheer you up?

LB: Driving down the road, windows rolled down, jamming to Come Around Sundown by Kings of Leon. Always start with track #7 Back Down South. It’ll never fail ya.

Her Campus: What’s one of your favorite books?

LB: Matilda

Her Campus: Why do you like that book so much?

LB:  It’s such a magical story of hope and love and growing up. I use to think I would grow up to be her.

Her Campus: When is the last time you fell in public?

LB: Are we talking fall in love or fall on my face? If you know me at all you know both of these happen on the daily. I fell swing dancing to Elvis not too long ago, gnarly bruise on my thigh but worth it. Fell in love with about every human I met in Canada, they’ve mastered the art of nice and savage all at the same time and I love it.

Her Campus: Which historical figure would you like to be?

LB: Catherine the great. As longest reigning female monarch in Russian history, she was fly AF. Her charisma was unreal, she was incredibly strong-willed in the face of adversity, she cared about the world and her people to no end, and she never backed down.

Her Campus: Who would play you in a movie of your life?

LB: This is a tricky. If there was a trifecta that was Emma Watson, Rachel McAdams, and Ellen Page that would be me. Emma’s got a passion to change the world, which I admire and strive for. I feel like Rachel believes love and goodness still exist in the world (plus she’s Canadian.) And Ellen is sassy and spunky and could definitely crush a couple beers with the boys.

Eleni is a nerd who prefers to be called an intellectual. She loves pondering philosophical questions and reflecting on life as a twenty-something, both of which she does on her blog: sharingimpressions.com. Anyone creative and curious is welcome.