This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

At long last, it is March (and almost spring break!). March in Austin is often one of the most bustling and interesting months in the world of Austin entertainment, hosting high importance events ranging from SXSW to the Austin Rodeo. In preparation for all the excitement, I have compiled a list of some of the events that can’t be missed. 

Austin Rodeo (March 14th-28th)

Channel your inner Texan and head to the rodeo the second half of March! Check out some of the cool (and inexpensive) musical acts set to perform at the rodeo this year, including Lee Brice and Neon Trees. If concerts are not your scene (or if you want to spend more time on the fairgrounds after the concert ends), check out the rodeo events and carnival rides.

St. Patrick’s Day Festival (March 15th, noon-6pm)

Looking for an activity that is slightly more off the beaten path? Hosted at Pioneer Farms, this event is an excellent opportunity to see some awesome Irish dancing, music, and sports (all in a single day)! If that is not enough to sell you on attending the festival, there will also be a petting zoo, beer, and hayrides.

ABC Kite Fest! (March 29th, 10am-5pm)

Head on over to Zilker Park on the 29th for arguably one of the most unique and whimsical festivals in the state of Texas. Admission to the festival is FREE and anyone is welcome (including your favorite furry friends). Bring your favorite kite and either casually fly it, enter it into the kite competition upon your arrival, make your own kite at the 10am kite building workshop, or just show up to the festival to observe the color-filled sky.

Megan Turner is studying Spanish and Political Communication at the University of Texas at Austin. In her free time she enjoys long-distance running, painting, and spending time with friends.