Kiefer Adam-John Shenk ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Name: Kiefer Adam-John Shenk

Major: Business Honors 

Hometown: Enterprise, AL.

Hobbies: Hockey, not playing, but watching, and reading.

Favorite color: Yellow.

Favorite food: Sushi. 

What are you looking forward to most this summer? Going to Scotland and traveling across Europe. I’ll be studying abroad for the business honors program.

Name one thing that most people don’t expect from you when they see you: That I have four tattoos. People always say “I didn’t expect you to be the kind of person to have tattoos,” and I always say ‘I’m not sure if that’s meant to be a compliment or an insult.’

What are your tattoos of?  Lightning bolt on my upper inner right arm, goalie hockey stick on the left in the same place, outline of the world map on my left front facing hip, and a shark jaw on my right elbow.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully working for a professional hockey team, but other than that I don’t really have any plans for my future. 

Who do you look up to most?  My parents, because they both did what they wanted to do despite what their parents said, they’re both very outspoken and good role models. They’re my two best friends, but they’re still good parents.

Team Gale or Team Peeta: Team Peeta.

Harry Potter or the Hunger Games: Both, but I’m still on the high of The Hunger Games so that’s still clouding my judgement, but I’m sure if you ask my opinion in a few months it’ll be Harry Potter. The Hunger Games is a close second.

What’s your best feature? My sparkling green eyes and my height.

How tall are you? 6’7″

Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.