Our mission: Her Campus Texas, a branch of HerCampus.com launched in January 2010, is an online magazine for the college women of UT with features on Campus News, Events, Profiles, Polls, and more! Her Campus Texas is a place for the women of UT to get the latest hook ups on what’s happening when and where around Austin! In 2010, Her Campus Texas won the ‘Highest Traffic’ award for HerCampus.com and in 2011 we won “Best On-Campus Publicity” out of 130+ campus branches. We hope to increase our readership this year and become a cornerstone campus publication.
Being a part of HerCampus.com will help you connect with some big names out there including Seventeen Magazine, SELF Magazine, Huffingtonpost.com, FOX news, among others! We have a content partnership with Huffington Post, so there’s a chance that your story for Her Campus Texas could be featured in Huffington Post’s College section!
We’re looking for top writers and publicity/marketing people to help make Her Campus Texas the best campus branch out there!
How can YOU get involved?
Editorial: We are looking for several Contributing Writers and Editors*. Editorial members will help produce content for the regular features of our My Campus page including: Spotted on Campus photo blog, Campus News, Profile, Upcoming Events, Poll, and Campus Cutie. Expect 2-5 hours of work per week depending on scheduling.
In addition to your specific role as a writer, editor, or photoblogger, you will be asked to contribute in publicity efforts. Such miscellaneous tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Publicizing about Her Campus through social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Actively participating in all Her Campus projects and contests, including the annual Mr. Campus Freshman contest in the spring
- Attending monthly team meetings and any others that may be held according to the Editors’ discretion
- Contributing to the Campus branch blog and photoblog
Want to join? Email a brief statement of interest with 2 writing samples to [email protected] to get started.
*Editor positions may be available. Contact Kenyatta for more information.
Business/Publicity: Help us gain more readership by being active and visible around campus! Those involved in the public relation aspect of Her Campus Texas will be in charge of writing press releases, planning events, and creating ways to spread Her Campus at UT! Some of you will be helping us generate more funds for our campus branch.
Some of the projects may include:
• Promoting Her Campus Texas through social media and advertising
• Developing on-campus marketing initiatives
• Working with UT for funding and coming up with ideas for fundraising
• Brainstorming possible contests/giveaways for readers
• Publicity members will also be in charge of promoting the Mr. Campus Freshman contest in the spring, a national Her Campus contest.
Want to join? Email your statement of interest and 3 business/publicity proposals to [email protected] to get started. .
**All positions are unpaid and semester-long commitments.
The positions are highly flexible- editorial team members will be doing publicity work and vice versa.
Got questions? Email Kenyatta at [email protected]