This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Valentine’s Day is over, but if you’re perfecting your spring break body on the track, you may run into this charismatic gentleman working toward a gold Olympic medal. And in case you want to save yourself the embarrassment of reliving middle school track, you can find this cutie enjoying poetry slams on Tuesday nights. All collegiettes want a suave and intelligent guy – Isaac Murphy is all of the above. Did I mention he’s dashingly good looking with a Colgate smile? Well, that too.

Name: Isaac Murphy
Year: 2013
Major: American Studies
Hometown: Killeen, Texas
Relationship Status: Single
Hobbies: Poetry slams and art, but I haven’t gotten on stage yet.
Extracurricular Activities: University of Texas Track and Field Decathlon and Student Athlete Advisory Committee
HCTX: What are your plans after graduation?
IM: I want to go to grad school for personal counseling at Texas State and get a Ph.D. in black masculinity. I want to have my own private practice one day.

HCTX: Who is your greatest hero?
IM: Milt Campbell (an American decathlete and the first African American to win a gold medal in the decathlon during the Summer Olympic Games). I actually met him in Germany and he gave me the best advice. He asked me what was my goal and I told him I want to win gold at the 2016 Olympics. He told me if I don’t, someone else will. That really stuck with me.

HCTX: Who is your greatest inspiration?
IM: My mother. She is a really strong woman and always holds me down.

HCTX: Where would you like to travel?
IM: I’ve never been to Asia …

HCTX: What is your ultimate goal in life?
IM: I want to have a family. I’m an only child, so I never had a big family.

HCTX: What do you look for in a mate?
IM: A deep thinker – I like a girl that can think for herself.

HCTX: What is your best feature?
IM: Empathy – I believe in spiritual gifts and God gave me an empathetic trait.

HCTX: What is your biggest pet peeve?
IM: Being stereotyped as a player, because I’ve never been.

HCTX: How should a girl let you know she’s interested?
IM: I like when a girl can let me know to approach her without telling me.
Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.