Anna Schultz-Friends Laughing In Holiday Pajamas
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

5 Holiday Activities For You and Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It’s December and I loooove the holiday season. If you’re trying to think of things to do with your friends, I got you. Here are a few festive activities you can do together to get into the holiday spirit. All these sound so fun. This is really just a list of things I also want to do with my friends. 

Build A Gingerbread House

I’ve only done this with family, but I’d imagine it’d be even more fun with you friends. Building a gingerbread house can be chaotic, but it’s a fun process and great for bonding. If you’re buying a cheap gingerbread house kit, I don’t recommend eating it after (not the best) but putting it together and decorating is the best part anyway. 

Bake And Decorate Christmas Cookies

If you or any of your friends are bakers then feel free to make cookies from scratch. If not there’s nothing wrong with buying the premade dough. Pro: It’s easy and takes less time. Con: It doesn’t taste as good and the process is fun. Either way, get sprinkles, icing, and whatever you want to decorate with! I did this last year with my sister and although stressful because it was all from scratch, it was super fun and the cookies were amazing.

Make A Hot Chocolate Bar

Grab your favorite hot cocoa mix, your favorite toppings, and have a setup for you and all your friends. You can choose your hot cocoa, whipped cream, sprinkles, peppermint, marshmallows, the options are endless!

Have A Holiday Movie Marathon

Now that you have your cookies and your hot chocolate, grab some blankets and get cozy to watch your favorite holiday movies. Whether you like comedies, dramas or romance throw them all on and have a day to relax with a tummy full of sweets and your closest friends.

Have A Gift Exchange

Gift exchanges don’t have to be stressful, they can be fun and lighthearted! Secret Santa or White Elephant can be a great idea for your friend group to buy small gifts or something personal for each other!

Alexis is a senior journalism major and business minor at the University of Texas At Austin. She currently serves as a writer and an associate editor for Her Campus Texas and enjoys creating content about lifestyle, pop culture, and food. Instagram: @ave_lexi