My 15 ThrowBack Songs To Fantasize About The Perfect Summer ‘Til The Semester Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

With this semester almost closing in on us, it’s time for summer prep. Whether you’re ready to go on a road trip with the gals, shake your butt on a yacht, or have the perfect self-care day, you’re going to need the playlist to set the mood with songs that everyone will know. Here are 15 songs to fantasize about your perfect summer till the semester ends.

California Gurls by Katy Perry

Youtube link for Katy Perry’s California Gurls(2010)

California Gurls…they’re “unforgettable”.

Starships by Nicki Minaj

Youtube link for Starships by Nicki Minaj (2012)

“Hands up and touch the sky,” girlfriend!

Tik Tok by Ke$HA

Youtube link for TiK ToK by Kesha(2009)

Play this song to get the DJ to “blow your speaker’s up!”

Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5

Youtube link for Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger ft. Christina Aguilera(2011)

Hope y’all still got “the moves like Jagger.”

Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen

Youtube link for Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen(2012)

“Where you think you’re going, baby?” Keep scrolling.

Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson

Youtube link for Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk (Official Video) ft. Bruno Mars(2014)

Maybe 2023 is your time to “Ride to Harlem, Hollywood, Jackson, Mississippi.”

Cheerleader by omi

Youtube Link for OMI – Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix) (Official Video) [Ultra Records](2015)

My life peaked when this song dropped. Hope this song “grant’s your wishes like a genie in a bottle.”

Timber by Pitbull

Youtube link for Pitbull – Timber (Official Video) ft. Ke$ha(2013)

“You better move, you better dance”- Kesha

Cake by the Ocean by DNCE

Youtube link for DNCE – Cake By The Ocean(2015)

This is YOUR main character song if you ever eat “cake by the ocean,” promise.

Crazy in Love by Beyonce

Youtube link for Beyoncé – Crazy In Love ft. JAY Z(2009)

Would this summer even be interesting if you weren’t “looking so crazy in love?”

Promiscuous by Nelly furtado

Youtube link for Nelly Furtado – Promiscuous (Official Music Video) ft. Timbaland(2009)

Want this song on your playlist? “So does everybody else!”

Bang Bang by Jessie j

Youtube link for Jessie J – Bang Bang (Official Video) ft. Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj(2014)

Mother, mother, and mother.

Love you like a Love song by Selena Gomez & the scene

Youtube link for Selena Gomez & The Scene – Love You Like A Love Song(2011)

We all had this song on “repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat.”

Lean On by major lazer & DJ Snake

Youtube link for Major Lazer & DJ Snake – Lean On (feat. MØ) (Official Music Video)

“All we need is someone to lean on” this summer fr.

What makes you beautiful

Youtube link for One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful (Official Video)(2011)

Ending with a classic and a song to remind you to love yourself this summer!

Abygail Pulido is a 2nd year at the University of Texas at Austin honing her craft for writing and pursuing her love for reading with a double major in English and Rhetorical Writing, she is also pursuing a certificate in Creative Writing. She is currently interning at the Harry Ransom Center in Visual Materials where she is learning about the curation process of exhibits and helping select class material. Abby's goal for her articles is to make academic and political topics digestable and fun to read. She loves Her Campus at Texas because its helped her to develop a voice and gain a connection with wonderful and diverse writers.