Her Campus Texas Reviews the Texas VS Pink VSFS Watch-Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I’m not talking about Christmas; I’m talking about the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show! I had the privilege of attending the watch party created by our very own UT Pink Representatives at Tap24, handing out some freebies from the Finals #HCSurvivalKit, and it did not disappoint. Honestly, there’s nothing I love more than the VS Fashion Show because it’s so much fun! These gorgeous models go up there, strut their stuff in gorgeous lingerie and those famous wings and slay while doing so. This show isn’t like the usual humdrum ones you see during fashion week where a teeny part of you may wonder why the models look so sad; this is a giant party that just happens to be on a runway.

The Pink reps had a giveway going on during commercial breaks and it was perfect! So much VS swag: from water bottles, to makeup bags and shirts. It was like a teeny little Pink store had opened right in West Campus, the perfect accompaniment to the evening. The best part of the show this year was the musical acts. I’m currently obsessed with Hozier (as is basically the entire universe) and seeing him up on the runway belting out “Take Me to Church” while surrounded by models was fantastic. Ed Sheeran and Ariana Grande also both killed it, but the best performance of the night has to go to veteran Fashion Show performer Taylor Swift. I’ve always thought that she could model – that face, those legs, the height; it’s really a no brainer- and of course she proved me right. She was holding her own with her model besties like Karlie Kloss, wearing the lingerie like she’d been doing it for years. Seeing them together on the runway was the epitome of #friendshipgoals. Her performances of “Style” and “Blank Space” were definitely the best of the night. She was having such a good time! I actually had to remind myself that I was in public so I didn’t start screaming the lyrics.

The outfit that really took my breath away was Candice Swanepoel’s closing ensemble. My jaw dropped when she walked out, talk about mesmerizing! All the models did such an amazing job! I was a little peeved because it is tradition for an up and coming model to end the show and I was excited to see a fresh face, but that was all forgiven when I saw Candice. Overall, I think this was probably my favorite show in the past few years. I just had such a good time watching it. The message of the show was just happiness and sexiness. And no, I will never look like any of those models but that’s okay! Seeing even photographer Russell James clad in lingerie proved that anyone can rock any Victoria’s Secret underwear and look absolutely fabulous in it; it’s all about how you carry yourself!

Thanks UT Pink for inviting Her Campus Texas! Look out for all their events next semester! 

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.