Her Campus Texas is Recruiting Writers for Fall 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Her Campus Texas has just finished up the Spring 2018 semester, and we would like to personally thank all of our readers for reading our content and engaging with our writers! We enjoying writing our articles and sharing your thoughts and opinions with you all!

Currently, we are recruiting staff writers for the Fall 2018 semester, so if you are a University of Texas at Austin student who loves journalism, writing, or just sharing your thoughts and opinions on an online format, consider joining our chapter!

As a Her Campus staff writer, you will be responsible for writing biweekly articles about whatever interests you. Haven’t seen our website? In the past, our staff writers have written about current diplomatic affairs, their experiences studying abroad, politics, book reviews, food reviews, lifestyle recommendations, clothing style recommendations, and more! At Her Campus Texas, we pride ourselves on offering our readership a various amount of topics to peruse from, and we invite you to consider joining our chapter by filling out this interest form.

BENEFITS TO BEING A HER CAMPUS STAFF WRITER:

1) See your articles published online

This is an excellent opportunity to explore your own voice and begin targeting a wide audience via an external online organization.

2) Resume purposes

To be able to say that you have published articles is invaluable to many prospective employers.

3) Sponsored Perks

About twice a year, Her Campus Texas receives sponsored items that we share with our writers. Products in the past include Tarte cosmetics, Erin Condren planners, Hi-Chew candy, Aeropostale accessories, Bed Head hair products, Tarte makeup products, #ActuallySheCan exercise tank tops, L’Oreal beauty products, Alba Botanica skincare, and more.

4) Leadership opportunities

Traditionally, every school year, Her Campus Texas undergoes leadership changes to make sure that the National Campus Correspondents and Editors are always bringing in new ideas and spearheading the next year’s chapter.

5) Community

Her Campus Texas is undergoing some changes internally to be more interactive for our staff members. You’ll be able to get to know other writers and share ideas by participating at our events and meetings. We have socials and community volunteering events!

If you have any questions, email texas@hercampus.com. Make sure to fill out the interest form!

I am a third year English major hoping to become a book editor. I have been writing for HerCampus for one year, and am excited to work as a Co-Editor this year. I love reading and staying home with my cat, Luna.
Grace is a Philosophy and Economics double major and a Government minor at the University of Texas at Austin. Most of her writing focuses on politics and civic engagement, characteristically intertwining her journalism with op-ed takes (usually nonpartisan; depends who you ask). Grace enjoys reading philosophy, reading and discussing politics, gushing over her dog, and painting in her spare time. As a true economics enthusiast, she also loves graphs.