This Halloween With Alondra Albarran

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Alondra Albarran has only dressed up for Halloween four times in her life. Tweetie Bird, Nala from the Lion King, an angel, and a rock groupie. This year, she will be Suzy Bishop from Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom. When asked why, she says Sally is independent and is all about taking chances, and Alondra lives for that. When asked what her favorite quote is, she answers sheepishly with an explicit. “It’s from Little Miss Sunshine, ‘Do what you love and f*** the rest.'” Much like her eclectic taste in Halloween costumes, Alondra is a hard one to figure out. She is fiercely independent, like Suzy and Nala, but quiet and sweet and seemingly shy, like an angel. “I like the quote because it’s so loud, and it’s so unlike me.” It seems the thing Alondra has most in common with Suzy is not the yellow dress and coffee-colored oxfords she will be wearing this Halloween, but it’s Suzy unwillingness to acknowledge her own strength.  

Name: Alondra Albarran

Year: Sophomore 

Celebrity Crush: My man, Jon Snow. Kit Harrington. 

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus Texas: What’s your favorite halloween memory/costume? 

Alondra Albarran: Probably when I was Nala from the Lion King. That was my favorite movie as a little kid. I looked REALLY adorable. 

HCTX: What’s the funnest thing you’ve done at UT? 

AA: The football games. You’re just surrounded by your fellow longhorns and you all come together. On top of that, you’re with all of your friends, just having a blast. Also, I have the best seats this year. I’ve gotten free Tiiff Treats and Pizza Hut. 

HCTX: What’s the meaningful thing you’ve done at UT? 

AA: Definitely party on the plaza. You get to see all the cool clubs UT has to offer, and it’s nice knowing that there’s something for everyone.  

HCTX: What’s the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you at UT?

AA: Twice now, I’ve had bicyclist fall in front of me. Both times, I’ve helplessly stood there, asked if they needed help, and they both have refused. On top of that, I smile when something is awkward. So I’m standing there, smiling down at them.

Suzy Bishop from Moonrise Kingdom 

HCTX: What’s one thing on your bucket list before you graduate?

AA: I would love to study abroad in Spain, then take the train around Europe. 

HCTX: What’s your favorite book? 

AA: The Kite Runner. It’s the only book I’ve ever cried in. It’s about the lives of people in Afghanistan and it was about the hardships they have experienced. 

HCTX: What’s a show you’re watching right now? 

AA: It’s always Sunny in Philadelphia.

HCTX: What TV character do you most identify with? 

AA: Pam from the Office. She’s the only sane one in the office, and sometimes I feel like that too. She’s also very awkward, too. 

HCTX: Do you have any pre-test rituals? 

AA: I’ve started listening to Childish Gambino or Kanye while I walk to my test. Favorite Childish Song is definitely Telegraph Avenue.