yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

A Guide To Fall Fashion 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Texas has finally gotten a taste of cooler weather and with that exciting news comes new fall fashion trends to look forward to. After a bit of research, I have compiled 5 trends that will be worn by all fashionistas this season.

1. Animal Prints/Textures

One way to update your fall wardrobe is by incorporating animal prints. Whether it be through your shoes, purse, jewelry or clothing – all are great ways to include this fun trend into your closet.  Leopard, crocodile, snakeskin, tortoise and faux fur all have been seen all over the runway, but can also be simplified for everyday use.

1. Tweed

Tweed is not new to the fashion world, but it is definitely experiencing a comeback this season. This trend is perfect for a business casual work day or bunch at a cute café on the weekend. If you’re lucky, some of your relatives may have some vintage pieces with this fabric their closet ready for you to borrow.

1. Satin

Nowadays, satin isn’t only being used to make pajamas, robes, and pillowcases.  This thin, smooth fabric is a great way to layer and transition some of your summer camisoles into your fall wardrobe. An easy way to incorporate this trend into your closet is through layering pieces you can easily throw a jacket over as well as accessories, such as shoes and head wraps.

4. Statement Sunglasses

The sun doesn’t simply disappear during the winter, so make sure to keep you summer sunnies out of storage and ready for use. Since this season is all about colored lenses, you can expect to be able to wear your favorite shades well into next Summer. Whether you prefer small lenses or a bold frame, make sure to get a fun colored pair.

1. Patent Leather

This vinyl fabric catches the light perfectly and is a chic way to incorporate accessories into your outfit for a night out on the town. Some of the most wearable, everyday options for this trend are a pair of booties, bag or leather jacket.

Claire Camarillo is a senior majoring in Public Health at The University of Texas at Austin hoping to pursue a career in health policy and management. During her free time, she is often looking for new places to eat in Austin, napping, catching up with family/friends, or listening to Beyoncé's classic hits.
I am a third year English major hoping to become a book editor. I have been writing for HerCampus for one year, and am excited to work as a Co-Editor this year. I love reading and staying home with my cat, Luna.