Getting Rid of Winter Clothes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

With temperatures slowly rising, it seems like we’re finally leaving winter behind. Spring is in the air and it’s the perfect time to get rid of things you’ve may have been hoarding all winter. Here are some tips on exactly what to do with those unwanted items and freshen up your closet just in time for the new season!

1. Clothing exchange

Invite your friends in on your spring cleaning by making an event of it! Have everyone bring over their unwanted clothes, add wine and snacks, and get ready for a fun night. It’s part fashion show, part potluck! The best part is, it’s completely free. You’ll revamp your closet and everyone goes home happy.

2. Sell, sell, sell

As broke college students, sometimes giving things away isn’t an option. If you think you have something trendy enough, it’s worth considering selling. Thrift stores like Buffalo Exchange are always in the market for gently used clothing or even selling online at places like Poshmark! After all, one man’s trash…

3. Donate

Everyone has clothes that either aren’t on trend at the moment or don’t fit anymore or are just collecting dust in the back of our closets. A great way to get rid of things is to donate them to different charities. Go to the Salvation Army or Goodwill and drop off some items. Since stores like these usually sell items at a large discount or give them away, you’re potentially helping someone in need and that’s fabulous.

Hopefully these tips help you de-clutter and find out more about your personal style!