Get Your Life Together with Erin Condren

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

The beginning of the semester is manageable. You start all bright-eyed and perky, eager to conquer your assignments and exams and everything in between: 9 ams, daily gym, personal life, homework – you’ve got it all. Problem is, things are slow in the beginning. Thing are illusory in the beginning. The semester is duping you into thinking that, “Hey, maybe this semester will be the easiest yet.”

Wrong.

Right?

Yup. Very wrong. It’s a fickle thing that glimmer of hope at the beginning of a semester. By the time you get to spring break, you’re thinking, “LET ME OUTTA HERE.” We all understand your pain though, and we go through the same.

Erin Condren and some colorful products come to the rescue. But, first, let’s check out the company that makes these time-savers.  

It’s exciting to see that this company has a warehouse in Austin as well, so close to home.

The products are larger than life. Her colorful creations make the term “boring old planner” seem out of place, and it actually has motivated me to use my planner more. Last year, I was a fiend with my planner, checked it all the time, filled it in, lived by it. But this semester, this ritual has slipped through and I do feel like it’s a lack of interest in having to always go back to it. Instead my notes and reminders are scattered across Notes on my laptop, Reminders and different notebooks. By the time I received this planner, the fun of it inspired me to use it more.

That is the goal of Erin Condren, to help others get organized with the key ingredient of brightening their days and making getting productive more fun. It helps when you’re stressed to throw some color in your life. And these products are great. But by far my favorite have been her “Dual Tip Markers” which I use all the time and have effectively replaced any normal Sharpie (that never worked well for me anyway).

I used to use colored pencils for lack of a better alternative but these are even better, brighter and more effective for memory. It is in fact a psychological fact that having colors and personalized notes on a readings and information you’re studying will help you memorize them. But for me, it’s the pure joy of underlining in a bright pink color that I love. It brings out the child in me. You think I’m joking? Readings on self-defense, and humanitarian emergencies and Ebola are smothered in pink, green, blue and orange color. The thick tip of the marker is great for emphasis while the thin tip is great for note-taking that will pop.

I thoroughly enjoy these products. Go check out Erin Condren for yourself, and refer a friend to get discounts on your purchases!

Happy mid-semester everyone. This will help you through, and give you a little lift and push to get on it, and stop that procrastinating. In the words of Erin Condren, “Things are about to get really good.”

Eleni is a nerd who prefers to be called an intellectual. She loves pondering philosophical questions and reflecting on life as a twenty-something, both of which she does on her blog: sharingimpressions.com. Anyone creative and curious is welcome.