Get in on the Secret: What happened at this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Because many of us have been working ourselves to the bone studying for tests and finals this week, a perfect way to take a break was to watch the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2012 Tuesday night. The fashion show is put on annually and sponsored by Victoria’s Secret in order to promote and market their lingerie and sleepwear. In order to spice up the show this year, they decided to divide the night’s looks into different themes including superheroes, ballet, passion, underwater, turn-of-the-century New Orleans and “Club Pink.”

Some of the models who participated in the fashion show were Miranda Kerr, who wore a diamond-and-gem-encrusted bra and panty set, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Chanel Iman, Doutzen Kroes, Erin Heatherton, Candice Swanepoel, Lily Donaldson and, making her Angel debut, Karlie Kloss. However, the show wasn’t just about fashionable Angels; music artists Kanye West and Jay-Z performed songs from their new album“Watch the Throne.” Maroon 5 also played their hit song “Moves Like Jagger,” and Nicki Minaj closed the show with “Super Bass,” concluding yet another successful fashion show for the lingerie brand.

The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is awaited by both guys and girls annually, because not only does it have eye candy for your guy, but it also gives great ideas for girls and how to look sexy for their men!

Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.