Life > Experiences

Fun Things To Do With Your Four-legged Friend Over the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Looking to do some fun things with you four-legged friends over the summer time? Look no further, here is a list of five fun things that both you and your animal companions can do together!

1. Go Get Coffee Together

You are really missing out if you have not gotten coffee together with your pet. Coffee places like Starbucks or Dutch bros usually offer some form of a “puppacino”- which is really just a cup of whipped cream and a dog treat. While you are ordering an iced coffee on a hot summer’s day, your dog can also enjoy a decadent treat they are sure to devour in seconds.

2. Go For A Hike

There are numerous places to go hiking around Austin- or anywhere you live! Be cautious of the hot weather and try to hike in the early mornings with a bottle of water for both you and your pet.

3. Go Swimming

One thing that me and my dog love to do together is go swimming. It is great exercise and an awesome way to bond. It is also a sure way to tire out any dog- which means you can totally take a nap together at home after spending all day in the water.

4. Bake Dog Treats

I know I love to pamper my pup with treats no matter the occasion. I think I will find just about any excuse to give my dog a treat. There are tons of homemade treat recipes for dogs that are healthy and fun to make, with the benefit of knowing every ingredient used to make them. Try even making some pupsicle treats to keep your dogs cool during the summer months!

5. Go Out To Dinner

I know I am not the only one that is gutted to leave my dog home alone even if it is just for a few minutes. To combat against this, I have tried to take my dog out to eat with me whenever I can. Restaurants that have patios usually allow dogs to remain outdoors- but always call ahead just in case! You can never feel alone while eating with your four-legged bestie.

Ameera Ozzie is currently a senior attending the University of Texas at Austin. She is a Public Relations major who enjoys learning about all things social media-related and keeping up with entertainment news. With dreams and aspirations of working with high-fashion companies on their Public Relations teams, Ameera hopes to make an impact on the world no matter what she is doing.