Fun Fun Fun Fest Festivities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I know, that’s a lot of “F’s” in the title, but trust us, it is that much fun (check out our photos from last year for proof). If you’re not familiar with Austin music festival Fun Fun Fun Fest, then you should be. After all, if you had been at last year’s fest, you may have spotted Ryan Gosling, giving you a one-up on all the collegiettes™ freaking about the celeb’s recent appearance on the Forty Acres. Whether you’re new on campus or an upperclassman looking to branch out from Austin City Limits, FFF is a one of a kind Austin experience; where the slogans “Keep Austin Weird” and “Live Music Capital of the World” are at their best.

The three-day independent fest is expanding every year, featuring major headliners, up-and-coming bands and a comedy stage as well. This year’s festival will take place at Auditorium Shores on November 2-4 and single day passes and three-day Student Discount tickets are still available. The price is extremely reasonable to catch bands like Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, A$AP Rocky, The Head and The Heart, Girl Talk, Explosions In The Sky, Run DMC reunited and tons more on the lineup. Not to mention, a wristband gets you in to all the after-shows, with over 100 bands joining in for four nights of partying.

If you still don’t want to pluck down the cash for this awesome weekend, the festival is giving fans a chance to win passes and other prizes with the annual Fun Fun Fun Fest Scavenger Hunt, taking place in Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio. Not for the faint of heart, this scavenger hunt can get pretty weird. We’re not talking
about the ones your friends did in high school where you had to ask for a stranger’s number. To note some of the more extreme items from previous FFF Scavenger Hunts, participants have gone as far as getting a FFF tattoo or riding a pedicab nude in the name of fun.

If you’re looking for weekend plans, consider spicing up your Saturday (Sept. 22) afternoon by participating in this epic quest. Fill out a quick form, come up with a creative team name, pick a fearless team captain and you may end up attending the fest for FREE; or just spending a night dousing your face in queso, high-fiving a cop or other wild and daring things. Sounds fun, right?

Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.