This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I am someone who needs to be listening to a podcast in the car. I love anything from lifestyle to true crime to politics. I am open to any and every style of podcast. I have had my fair share of testing out different ones and finding which ones are top tier, in my own opinion. Today I bring you my top four favorite podcasts!

Morbid: A True Crime Podcast

Yes, I had to include true crime . If you know me, you know I am obsessed with all true crime stories. This has been my favorite podcast for a while now. The two hosts are so educated on their research each episode. They also discuss less well-known cases. Definitely have a listen!

You’re Wrong About

I don’t know about you, but I enjoy learning the shocking realities of topics the public once thought we knew. If you are like that too, then listen to this podcast! It is all about those misconceptions and having yourself reconsider them. 10/10 podcast for long drives, as it is a great way to keep your mind moving.

MOOD with Lauren Elizabeth

When I was younger, I would watch Lauren Elizabeth on YouTube for hours. I loved her style, her personality, and just how relatable she is! In her podcast, she talks about anything ranging from dating advice to ways to cope with stress. 

Nice White Parents

Nice White Parents is a podcast series all about the public system and the attempts for integration. The host of the podcast directs listeners into the perspective of the many obstacles to result in genuine racial equity. There are only five episodes. I found it to be easy to listen to and also informative. So if you are interested in social problems like the public school system and racial inequality, have a listen.

Lauren is a Junior studying Government and Economics at the University of Texas. An avid coffee drinker and sushi fanatic, Lauren enjoys exploring the city, attending concerts, and discovering new music. Aside from writing, in her free time she can be seen reading, having weekly movie nights, and spending time with friends and family.
Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!