This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

This holiday season has been a little harder than usual to get into, with 90 degree days and isolation. Here are some easy and cheap tips to brighten up your holiday season at home:

Hit Up the Target Dollar Section

Balling on a budget as a college student who loves the holiday season has never been easier, thanks to iconic dollar sections in stores like Target. Adding little wreaths, a tiny Christmas tree or fall colored decorative pillows make for feeling the holiday spirit in a big way.

Binge Holiday Must-Sees

There is no better time than the cold season to snuggle into comfy clothes and binge all the things that make you feel warm inside. New favorites on Netflix include The Princess Switch 2: Switched Again, Holidate, and the new series Dash and Lily! The combinations and possibilities are endless. 

Update Your Winter Wardrobe

Even if this only includes unpacking your winter clothes from boxes at the back of your closet and hanging them up, getting dressed in cute clothes each day is proven to help Zoom fatigue and make it feel like it is actually fall. 

Transition Your Food to Fall

My Trader Joe’s obsession has only grown while starting the holidays in a pandemic. Giant champagne bottles, pumpkin coffee, hot chocolate sticks, and Jingle Jangle are just a few of the many winners I have indulged in even in these starting months of the holiday season. Switching everyday items to holiday flavors is the easiest way to make your days more festive. 

Create or Follow a Vibey Playlist

Spotify is the best destination for this task. You can search for any specific mood you may be in and find that someone else somewhere in the world has created something for you. Take time during the break to connect to your favorite fall music roots in artists like the Neighbourhood and Hozier. Starter playlist for reference: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7CUwCdIr2BYYQPI2qa7P9a?si=EPYSBVYxS92P4-EpgEen7g

Senior at the University of Texas at Austin double majoring in Business Marketing and Plan II Honors (Interdisciplinary studies). Currently interning on the operations and marketing side of interior design and aspiring to make a career out of fashion and writing. Passionate about learning, creativity, and words.
Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!