This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It may be hard to avoid stress and exhaustion during finals week but there are many ways to cope with the pressures of this time. 

One way to combat your finals fatigue is to destress with some lively tunes and heartwarming melodies. Although there has been an overwhelming amount of new music that has recently been released, here are five songs that can help lift your spirits during finals week:

“Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylors Version) (From The Vault)” by Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift’s re-recorded version of her album “Fearless” captures the complexities and emotions of youth and romance while symbolizing how women can break through the barriers society places in front of us. “Mr. Perfectly Fine” is an anthem of female empowerment and exudes boldness.  

If you are looking for some self-assurance and confidence during finals, give this song a listen.

“The Art Of Starting Over” by Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato’s latest album “Dancing With The Devil… The Art of Starting Over” truly captivates the intensities of sobriety and second chances. The album also contains songs that demonstrate the tender moments of life and love, and “The Art Of Starting Over” is the perfect song for a chill night of studying.

“Speechless” by Eddie Benjamin

Prodigy and breakout artist Eddie Benjamin recently released his debut EP “Emotional” on April 2, 2021. “Speechless”, the final track on the EP, is a beautiful exposition of vulnerably pursuing relationships and love. 

It’s easy to subdue your emotions when you are overly stressed but this song can be a good way to reconnect with your emotions as you make it through the end of the semester.

“All Star” by Smash Mouth

Let loose and dance it out with Smash Mouth’s smash hit “All-Star”, the perfect throwback to enjoy this finals season. The energetic and unapologetic lyrics and music of this song can help you push past those end-of-semester blues and bring fun back into your life.

Allow yourself to enjoy the simple things in life and dance it out with “All Star”.

“Growing Pains” by Alessia Cara

As the first track on Alessia Cara’s “The Pains of Growing” album, “Growing Pains” is an excellent representation of the struggles we face as we grow into adulthood and take on greater responsibilities. 

This song is great to listen to if you are feeling alone in your struggles. Through this song, Cara has vocalized universal emotions and ideals that haunt many of us, such as loneliness, ambition and adulthood stress, as we strive for our goals and as a result get overwhelmed sometimes.

Ilyanna Santos is an aspiring writer and journalist from Austin, Texas. She is currently studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin and is the Marketing and Social Media Director for Shamari Realty. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, and having a good cup of tea.
Chandler is a senior at UT double majoring in English and Chinese while pursuing a Certificate in Global Management. She currently serves as one of HerCampus Texas' Campus Correspondents and adores live music, dogs, friends, and mindful living ♥