This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

“This Love (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift

No one does it quite like Taylor Swift. With haunting love lyrics that will leave a permanent mark and rich melodies, she has so many songs to choose from for your summer listening. Yet her latest release “This Love (Taylor’s Version)” gives listeners all the nostalgia and pop-infused storytelling they could want from a summer anthem. Fans are left wondering when Swift will re-release the rest of her 1989 album, but for now, we will have “This Love (Taylor’s Version)” on repeat.

“Let Go” by Cody Simpson

In his more recent work, Simpson has been making an effort to shift away from the explicitly pop music of his adolescence and teen pop star days. With his latest self-titled album, which was released in early April, he has delved into a more alternative/indie sound, still influenced by pop elements. If you haven’t listened to Cody Simpson lately then you haven’t listened to Cody Simpson. With a soft acoustic style and vulnerable lyrics, “Let Go” and other songs from the album would be perfect additions to your vacation soundtrack.

“Bam Bam” by Camila Cabello (feat. Ed Sheeran)

If one song could capture the essence of fun in the sun, it would be “Bam Bam” by Camila Cabello (feat. Ed Sheeran). Although the lyrics may strongly echo that of a breakup song, they also convey the message of letting go of the things that weigh you down. As well as living your best life because “Así es la vída, si”. Cabello and Sheeran have managed to create a Latin-pop hit ideal for beach adventures or a night out on the town.

“Texas Girl” by Jake Scoot

This song really says it all. With this pop-country love letter to Texas Girls, Scott has curated lyrics that take listeners along for the ride of falling in love. As well as instrumentals that are very fitting to the theme. If you’ve “never met a girl from the Lone Star State”, I recommend listening to “Texas Girl” by Jake Scoot to get a feel for what it’s like. 

“Moscow Mule” by Bad Bunny

If you’re looking for upbeat rhythm, fun and flirtatious lyrics, and something to dance to, this is the song for you. Sticking to his Latin roots, Bad Bunny offers listeners a fresh new sound with “Moscow Mule” off his recently released album “Un Verano Sin Ti”. While the album title means “A Summer Without You”, fans will thankfully not have to brave the summer heat without catchy new music from Bad Bunny. 

Ilyanna Santos is an aspiring writer and journalist from Austin, Texas. She is currently studying journalism at the University of Texas at Austin and is the Marketing and Social Media Director for Shamari Realty. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, and having a good cup of tea.